Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 91 of 496

Re: BT Infinity Northern Ireland

Hi

I am currently on option 3 and my speed is 0.5 download and the same upload speed so roll on Infinity. Whereabouts are you?

Ian

0 Ratings
williewonka
Beginner
Message 92 of 496

hi folks,

i am in castlerock, have checked the http://www.fasterbroadbandni.com/ webpage and it tells me the cabinet is ready for customer orders but when i ring BT they tell me they have no dates for it to be available???? strange....any ideas would be gratefully received....;-)

Willie Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
rodoherty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 93 of 496

I wouldn't be so sure about Oct 30th for Annahilt !

I was in contact with my current broadband supplier to see what their offering was offered in place of BT Infinity, at the end of the month. They conceded that they could not provide the same deal as BT.

However during the conversation, the guy said "that something didn't add-up about our exchange". Now this could be sales-speak trying to make me insecure about BT Infinity, but he seemed pretty genuine. It was alleged that the Bailiesmils (Annahilt, Anahilt) exchange is one of the smaller ones and is not registered as having the proper equipment to provide 40MB speeds and that suppliers other than BT were not allowed to put in their own equipment to the exchange.

However, I have noticed that BT Report improvement in my usual speeds, from .5MBs to 2.5MBs on their website. To be honest, I haven't noticed any real change on the ground.

In the mean time, I guess I will just continue to stare longingly at the green cabinet outside the scout hall and hope for the best. But for my sanity, I think I'm going to retain some healthy scepticism about Oct 30th. I hope I'm wrong!

R.

0 Ratings
weesteev
Aspiring Contributor
Message 94 of 496

My exchange, Cookstown is being upgraded now with people able to place orders as we speak, yet I live in Tullyhogue and there doesnt seem to be any chance we will get the service, even though we are fed from Cookstown. The same go's for Sandholes, Tullwiggen and Knockaconny. Can anyone shed any light on this, we are struggling along on less than 512k at the moment.

0 Ratings
belfastbloke
Contributor
Message 95 of 496

well i recieved my new infinity hub today.cant do nothing until tues when the bt bloke calls to the house.but i,m so excited lol.

0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 96 of 496

Hi
Hope you are wrong all the new cabinets are in, when I ring bt they confirm date.
0 Ratings
dwarhya
Message 97 of 496

Hmm, I had an engineer at my house this morning (in Cookstown), and he left with nothing working. He did not say what was wrong or when anything would be fixed.
The only thing he did do was switch off ADSL (in the cabinet), so I have been left with no internet connection at home 😞
0 Ratings
leprechaun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 98 of 496

Hi eveyone

I am new to the forum and have some questions you maybe able to help with  . My area was due to be enabled the end of October . It has now been enabled but i have some problems .

When I done the wholsale checker is show that my line was able for half meg for both max bb and FTTC this was before cab became enabled . Now when i do the same check the option for FTTC has gone completely and only left with the MAX bb option . Any ideas why this would be

I have just ordered FTTC with BT for my friend today and he has got an install date for 29 October . He had an estimate of 18 meg down . I am a little bit further than him from the cabinet that we are fed off  . His line lenght is estimated at 16 k anf mine is 10 k from exchange .

Any ideas folks ?

0 Ratings
williewonka
Beginner
Message 99 of 496

hi folks,

spoken to BT today, nice guy Ricky, very helpfull....long story short they are swamped with the infinity orders, engineer call-outs working weeks in advance, also business products are taking priority atm....so although my FTTC cabinet is in the engineers haven't been out to connect it all up yet....Smiley Sad  anyways looking like the new year for me....

Willie

0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 100 of 496

Not good keep us updated.

0 Ratings