cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thesimo
Contributor
Message 131 of 496

Re: BT Infinity Northern Ireland

No, but i asked him which cab, and its one about 160m away (following the road)

BT wholesale FTTC quoted 33 down 7.5 up.

0 Ratings
DaveNI1979
Expert
Message 132 of 496

Do these new cabinets only have fibre optic stuff in them? I am exactly 1mile from one, its supposed be turned on 31st October. I fear I wont be able get it because nothing shows on checker.
0 Ratings
leprechaun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 133 of 496

Sorry but the question was for willwonka ?

0 Ratings
williewonka
Beginner
Message 134 of 496

hi lep,

the cabinet is only a few hundred yards from our premises....i can throw a stone from the server room and prob hit it....;-)  also i didn't bother doing a wholesale check as it was all done through BT Business and they told me what i should get....they where spot on tbh....

as far as my home is concerned i am roughly 2.5 miles from the street cabinet and i will prob not get infinity, i ain't gonna hold my breath tbh....i have a pretty stable connection atm giving me 4.5 meg down and 1 meg up with a stable ping of 40 ish which is good for gaming....i worry bout the ping flucuation threads i am seeing on this forum when peeps move to infinity and get pings in the 100's, i would not upgrade if this was the case....the BT engineer told me that i will be on the outer limits of FTTC so i'll wait and see how it all pans out before i jump....;-)

0 Ratings
leprechaun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 135 of 496

I have 4.5 up and 4.5 down and pings in around 30 to 40  . Thats interesting about the infinity pings I dont think i would change over with those pings .

thanks for your reply

0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 136 of 496

Hi All

BT making my day, their vans are all over the place today. I asked the men about fttc and they told me just finishing off the fibre connections. So BT Infinity should be mine soon. 0.5 to 30.9 excellent, will keep posting. PS: This is the Annahilt area of Co, Down

0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 137 of 496

Hi All

Anybody else getting BT Infinity soon or has any new information for us all. Northern Ireland users please let us all know whats happening.

0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 138 of 496

Hi
look though the posts and you will find a telephone number for aileen @ bt very helpfull girl. Let us know how you get on
0 Ratings
rodoherty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 139 of 496

photo.JPG

Work men removing old cabinet from Annahilt last night. There's a shiny new one there this morning, alongside the one which was installed a few weeks ago ! They tell me that the pressure is on to get the cabinets installed quickly. They are off to Carryduff after this to replace one there.

0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 140 of 496

Hi

Yes seen them last night myself. They have been around all week and tell me it should all be finished by today. Hopefully BT Infinity will be available to order shortly.

0 Ratings