cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 371 of 496

Re: BT Infinity Northern Ireland

Getting new BT Fibre product tomorrow, should have 13.3mbps down and 4mbps up when everything is done.

Been trying to get Infinity for 6 months so tomorrow is a momentous day!

I'm on the Lurgan exchange.
0 Ratings
DaveNI1979
Expert
Message 372 of 496

Hi pilot, I take it your same guy from digital spy thread. Good luck for 2moro, very jealous!! I'm approx 100yards too far to get any upgrade as my number doesn't come up for fttc but my neighbours does. I might try emailing the ceo, can do no harm I suppose.
0 Ratings
Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 373 of 496

The activation dat from my CAB has been put back to the 31st April accoring to both the Next Gen BB and Faster BB NI sites.  The BTW and Infinity Checkers are both saying the 31st March, so I am hope it is sooner rather than later!!  

I did read that the 300GB was being removed from the 1st April.  I suspect there will still be the complaints around traffic shaping.

Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 374 of 496

Yes mate, I am one and the same.

Do email the CEO, it's worth going down every avenue available.
0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 375 of 496

@Pilot25dmc wrote:
Getting new BT Fibre product tomorrow, should have 13.3mbps down and 4mbps up when everything is done.

Been trying to get Infinity for 6 months so tomorrow is a momentous day!

I'm on the Lurgan exchange.

I hope everything goes according to plan for your install tomorrow Pilot.  Hopefully you'll also have a bit more speed than predicted.

I have passed on the sub-15 info to one of my brothers who lives just round the corner from me, but only gets 1mbps download from his line.  His line speed is predicted to be 13.1mbps down and 5mbps up.  He's even prepared to pay to have his line replaced if it may improve his connection.

Good luck & let us know how it all goes for you mate.

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 376 of 496

Just thought it would be a good idea to put my speedtest result up from this morning so we can have a comparrison to my (hopefully) much faster speed later today.

1192061076.png

0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 377 of 496

@Pilot25dmc wrote:

Just thought it would be a good idea to put my speedtest result up from this morning so we can have a comparrison to my (hopefully) much faster speed later today.

1192061076.png

Hopefully you'll have a speedtest like this after the install:

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 378 of 496

It will be nohing like yours sadly!

Looking at 13.3mbps down and 4mbps up.

0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 379 of 496

@Pilot25dmc wrote:

It will be nohing like yours sadly!

Looking at 13.3mbps down and 4mbps up.

I was quoted about 28.7 down and 6.8 up and have the full sync rates so you never know Pilot.  Good luck with the install anyway mate.

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings
DaveNI1979
Expert
Message 380 of 496

Light at the end of the tunnel!! I have to say the ceo emailed me back inside an hour and today one of his team phoned me on my mobile, even though I didn't give my number which was bit weird, but they are putting through an order for me subject to survey which means if it doesn't work when engineer comes I can't get it but its all I can ask for. Surely if next door neighbours estimate is 9mb mine would be similar, and as I said before 4o5mb and a fast ping and I'd be more than delighted
0 Ratings