cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kilsally
Beginner
Message 421 of 496

Re: BT Infinity Northern Ireland

BT Infintiy websaite, BT Wholesale, FasterbroadbanNI.com all telling me I can`t get it even though the exchange and cabinets are enabled.  I can actually throw a stone and hit the exchange, yet the streets around the corner and up the road are able to receive Infinity.  Am thinking I am directly connected to the exchange rather than through a cabinet - however the Sam knows website says that I can get FTTC broadband ........ 

0 Ratings
Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 422 of 496

The same has happened to my CAB, date has went from 12th April to the 30th June!!!!

I now also know why the CAB was taken out and replaced.  Apparently, the original plan was for one of the smaller CAB's to be installed however, the BT Contractors installed a lager one by mistake.  This meant that the larger CAB then had to be removed and a smaller one put in it's place.

Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 423 of 496

I would go with what the BT Wholesale Checker is saying but TBH if it is saying that FTTC isnt available for you and all the CAB's are live, you could be directly connected to the exchange.  One consolation is that  ADSL2+ (up to 20Meg) is being rolled out to more exchanges this year.

EqN357
Aspiring Contributor
Message 424 of 496

Hi all

I've a bit of a mystery. I live on the Tyrone/Donegal border and I heard on the grapevine a rumour that we'd be getting BT infinity in our area a few months back. When I saw the big shiny new cabinet next to the older cabinet I figured BT Infinity was imminent. So I've been waiting for news on it's arrival.

I checked the BT wholesale checker, and it says I can get a speed of 13.6 mbps on my line.

I also checked www.nibroadband.com/availability.html, typed in my exchange name and located my local cabinet and it said the following

DETI NGB21Jcn Bellspark Rd/Urney RdReady for Customer Orders

So I checked the BT Infinity webpage and it keeps telling me that I can't get Infinity and it's not due to be rolled out in my area but to please register my interest. I've done so but no joy.

I tried to get the sub 15 megs product but I was told this wouldn't be offered until BT Infinity was offered in my area. So the Wholesale checker, the nibroadband checker, the fact the Infinity equipment is physically there and my own sources all say Infinity is coming...but the Infinity website and the staff at BT have no information as to a live date and I can't get the sub product. 

Is there any way I can discover some more concrete information about this?

0 Ratings
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 425 of 496

Phone BT Northern Ireland, tell them you had a call from the sales team about 'BT Broadband Option 3 with Fibre Trial' and you want to order it. If the person at the end of the phone does not know what you are talking about then ask to speak to their supervisor.

I have been on this package for about a month now and was given an estimated speed of 13.7mbps, when the fibre went in I got an amazing 27.7mbps!

Just phone and try your luck.
0 Ratings
Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 426 of 496

Just checked the BT Wholesale checker;

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 35.4Mbps and upstream line speed of 8.6Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Result, will get my order placed first thing tomorrowSmiley Very Happy

Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 427 of 496

Thats the order placed for 4th MaySmiley Very Happy

mccann
Contributor
Message 428 of 496

0 Ratings
belfastbloke
Contributor
Message 429 of 496

I live in drumaness and my speed has been awful for the last few days.Right now i,m getting 36.3kb,does anyone know if there is a fault on the line.Idont want to ring bt just yet as i will get put through to india :(.By the way i,m on infinity before you ask.

0 Ratings
Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 430 of 496

As you appear to have access to the internet, you can carry out a speet test on the BT Wholesale Test Site this will show your profile, connection rate and throughput.  If your throughput is alot lower then your connection / Profile, it will be a good indicator of a problem.