Did you mean: 
grayner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 65

BT Infinity Not Avalible

Go to solution

Hello, 

Hope someone can help.

After spending many hours being pushed round BT's press 1 press 2 fun and games im still suck with no Infinity.

1. I live in an area that HAS Infinity
  2. the Cabinet im connected to HAS Infinity (there is a copper and fibre cabinet inthe same location),
  3. my exchange has been updgrade to fibre.
  4. Every house and business within 0.5 miles can order and get Fibre.

But we cannot order it as we are stuck with 1.2mb broadband (at best)

When checking the online checkers BT's and Openreaches systems show us connected to different exchanges, one of which ISNT fibre enabled.

Normally id be happy to wait, but i beleive unless this solved on the BT database it will never be solved. 

BT's stock answer when they dont cut you off its "the computer says NO"....

Any help is appircated.

0 Ratings
64 REPLIES 64
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 65

Re: BT Infinity Not Avalible

Go to solution

What does wholesale checker show  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
grayner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 65

Go to solution

Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 21.51.47.png

Exchange STOWMARKET is served by Cabinet 35

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 65

Go to solution

From that and checking Stowmarket exchange shows that exchange has been upgraded for fibre but your cabinet 35 has not been upgraded and is not in openrach rollout plans

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
grayner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 65

Go to solution

Why has this been so hard for anyone to exsplain to me on the phone.

Also how do we go about getting this cabinet on the plans, I see no reason why a new build house would NOT have an upgraded caninet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 65

Go to solution

There are numerous posts like yours but i don't think anyone has posted any solution to getting openreach to upgrade your cabinet when not on original plans

0 Ratings
grayner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 65

Go to solution

oh well, looks like point to point and a small wifi hotspot for the street is in order. 28 house to take business from BT...

Thank you for you help.

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 8 of 65

Go to solution

Hi  grayner,

Have you tried contacting the Better Broadband to Suffolk website ?

On December 21st 2012, Suffolk County Council signed a £40m contract with BT for superfast broadband. Around 9 out of 10 (i.e. 90% of) Suffolk properties will be able to access fibre-based broadband by the end of 2015. Over 80% of properties will have access to superfast coverage with speeds of 24Mbps or more.

Only 2% of the hardest-to-reach premises are expected to have speeds of less than 5Mbps.

The total contract value is £40m, with contribution from BT (£16m) and BDUK (£11.68m).

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
philthemoat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 65

Go to solution

I'm also on cabinet 35 in Stowmarket, in a new build.  This cabinet must server a large number of houses, and having spoke with a BT engineer, he couldn't understand why the powers at BT ignored this cabinet. 

I've tried Better Broadband For Suffolk, but they are aware that Stowmarket has fibre, so therefore rule out any dealings with additional fibre.  They're more interested in the other towns and villages stuck on ADSL. 

Cabinet 35 (on Swift Drive/Blackbird Way) is just 0.2miles from another cabinet which has fibre, behind Tesco on Kestrel Drive, and the other way 0.5miles on Mortimer Road also has fibre.  And another on Gun Cotton Way, 0.3miles away too.

Cabinet 35 is in a blackspot surrounded by infinity. It doesn't make any sense.  

0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 65

Go to solution
It's quite common for Openreach not to install RDSLAM's on new build housing estates.... Most common reason is they can't install a DSLAM on the road/path until it has completed the land adoption by the local authority.....

Also they won't spend £50k+ on installing one unless they can guarantee a return within a certain time frame....

The problem with people who are desperate to have really fast broadband is that they are quite often delusional into thinking EVERYONE wants it when in reality most people are happy with ADSL speeds.....
0 Ratings