Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 65

Re: BT Infinity Not Avalible

Go to solution

From the latest conversation i had with the council it seems like that may be out of date, as the cabinet was originally in the roll out plans but has now been "put on hold".

The fact it was in the original BT plans is actually the reason it was almost missed from both upgrade programs. It apeears that BT "changed their plans" putting this cabinet "on hold" after the development of the councils BB4S plans. Therefore when the council drew up their plans this cabinet was alrady being upgraded and did not need their funds.

It was only the fact that i contacted the council asking for clarification on if they were including it in their plans, that they identified the changes. Had i not done it cabinet 35 would not be getting added to the council plans.

Have to wonder how many other cabinets BT have now put "on hold" and not informed the relevant councils. I'm surprised they are able to change plans like this without informing other relevant agencies, especially when council plans have been developed based around them

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 32 of 65

Go to solution
It seems Openreach are unwilling to spend their own money on cabs they deem unviable but have no problem spending the councils money.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 65

Go to solution

Seems that way doesn't it.

But hey, at least it has been identified now and the council have agreed it needs to be upgraded as part of their BB4S program.

Just have to get BT to confirm they are not going to upgrade it.

Just hope they don't mess around saying they do plan to upgrade it and then keep it on a permanent "hold"

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 34 of 65

Go to solution
I'm sure if they're offered the money, they'll take it.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 35 of 65

Go to solution

@ray_dorset wrote:
It seems Openreach are unwilling to spend their own money on cabs they deem unviable but have no problem spending the councils money.

Hi Ray,

Is that not what all the BDUK schemes are about ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 36 of 65

Go to solution

@grayner wrote:

Hello,

All customers will be connected by a point to multi-point 5ghz connection. We would aim to not have more than 10 people per trunk to aboid conjestion.

We currently have 4 FTTC connections at different locations, load-balanced together to provide reduancy and fast video streaming as well as fast concurrent file downloads.

All end users are connected using a PPPOE server, which username and password authentication. The backbone of the network is WPA protected with only endpoint stations being allowed to connect via their MAC code.

Once we reach enough people we will be adding a FTTP connection, allowing for more bandwidth and also allowing faster speeds.

If you have any suggestions, id be happy to hear them. Feel free to message me directly to not spam the forum.

Website coming soon...

Hi grayner,

Are you able to say who the provider is yet please ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 37 of 65

Go to solution

I was addressing this "Just hope they don't mess around saying they do plan to upgrade it and then keep it on a permanent "hold"

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
grayner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 65

Go to solution
The company is called ifwe it's a local initiative. The site will be up within 2 weeks. The network has been being tested for the past 3 weeks and our first fibre link to the netowork should have gone live last week but open reach missed the appointment, new scheduled for tomorrow. Beta customers will be required soon. The website will have all the details.
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 39 of 65

Go to solution

I await more information with interest.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 65

Go to solution
Grayner,

Just wondering if there are any updates on your local high speed broadband?

I'm due to move to the area in 8 weeks and I'm quite interested

Cheers

0 Ratings