Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 65

Re: BT Infinity Not Avalible

Go to solution

Evening everyone,

Just a quick update on the progress of the discussions with Suffolk council regarding the upgrading of Cabinet 35 in Stowmarket.

Well it turns out i have had some very good news from them.

I contacted their business manager last week to see if there was any progress as to what the plan was with upgrading cabinet 35. He assured me he was chasing it still but would get back to me this week.

I received an email from him yesterday and he informed me that 'Openreach have told him that this cabinet should now be live between Feb/March next year'. 

I asked him to confirm that BT have now said they plan to upgrade this cabinet themselves as part of their roll out and here is the reponse i received:-

"Yes – that’s right.  I assume it had to go through some internal governance to sign something (probably excess cost) off, during which time it was placed on hold.  It is now definitely back in the commercial rollout"

So there we have it, cabinet 35 should now be getting upgraded in the early part of next year, so high speed broadband should be available to us then.

I have already thanked the business manager i have been in discussions with for everything he has done in progressing this issue. He has also said that if there are any further problems with this cabinet then i am ok to contact him again.

It's has taken a little bit of time and a number of emails but we have finally received a positive outcome!!!!!!!

Heres looking forward to high speed broadband!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
philthemoat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 65

Go to solution
That's excellent news. Thanks for chasing this and letting us know.
0 Ratings
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 65

Go to solution

Your welcome

Just have to wait for it to happen now. Hopefully no more 'delays' or 'changes' by BT on this

0 Ratings
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 65

Go to solution

evening everyone,

Just another quick update on the fibre roll out for cabinet 35 in Stowmarket.

Well it seems as if the details i was provided by Suffolk council (See last updates) is correct. If you check on the 'BT openreach when and where' site, it states that we are in a fibre enable area but our cabinet is not ready yet, however it is in the plans.

So at least its a step in the correct direction. Hopefully get the actual upgrade soon!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 65

Go to solution
Hey everyone I have some good news regarding the fibre upgrade of cabinet 35.

The fibre cabinet has now been installed so it appears we are definitely getting fibre. I have been in contact with my contact at the council and he has confirmed that BT are hoping to have this cabinet ready to accept orders by the end of Q1 15-16 which works out about the start of July.

Looks like we are finally getting somewhere with this.
0 Ratings
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 65

Go to solution

Evening All,

Just a quick update on the ongoing cabinet 35 fibre upgrade. 

Unfortunately it may be bad news. I have just checked the "BT when and where" site and this cabinet has been reduced from "enabled area" status which confirmed the cabinet was in the upgrade plan to "Under review" status which means they are assessing if the cabinet can actually be upgraded. 

I find this quite amauzing considering they have already installed the physical fibre cabinet on Blackbird Way.

I have emailed BT to try and confirm what is going on but have only received the generic "we are committed to bringing you high speed broadband; this is the fastest roll out in the world etc etc"

I have therefore emailed Suffolk Council Broadband team asking them to try and find out f this cabinet has been delayed and if it is actually going to be upgraded.

I will keep you all informed of what i find out.

Due to the uncertinity i am now considering finding an alternative high speed broadband method. Does anyone know of any alternites in the area with approximate cost.

Cheers

0 Ratings
grayner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 65

Go to solution
Given this information, we will be proceeding with the service we have been trial for the past 8 months.

I will post the web link shortly, just bringing the site live.
0 Ratings
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 65

Go to solution

Graynar,

that is great news.

Whats sort of speed have you been achieving and what do you anticiapte the costs to be for people joining your network?

Also i am based on the new crest devlopment on Hedge Sparrow road (Just off Osprey Drive) which is next to the sports pitches and not too far from the community center, do you think i will be able to connect to this.

Cheers

0 Ratings
grayner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 65

Go to solution
BT have recently removed the recent link. <br><br>So as to not contravene clause 7.1<br><br>Have a look for ifwi co uk (this is a non commercial post and for information only to help people who BT cannot help)
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 50 of 65

Go to solution

Hi graynor,

I saw the link before the mods deleted it.  Unfortunately there was no information as yet.  As I stated way back I look forward to more information in due course.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings