cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arronleeds
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 26

Re: BT Infinity Option 2 - new customer- extreme slow download speed at 'peak' times

Basically line attenuation is how far from the cabinet you are. You are further away than me but get quite a bit more speed. It says the max you can get is 89. the max I can get is 64 which doesn't make sense. Your stats are good infact your noise margin is at 9 and its normally around the 6 mark which means you could have a little more speed out of it. What your post describes is congestion and you will have to ring up bt and ask them to check at the exchange for you because sometimes nobody bothers reporting it to bt and it can go on for months. Happened to my mum and lasted three whole months from 6pm-12pm.
0 Ratings
rexzer56
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 26

Re: BT Infinity Option 2 - new customer- extreme slow download speed at 'peak' times

Thanks for your help so far

Following on from a chat session I have a fault logged with SMT. See extract from transcript:

Your being passed over to our Service Monitoring Team (SMT)  The SMT will monitor the customers connection and will call the customer back .I will now arrange a call back from the SMT with your preferred time . 

Ideally the speed should be stable but i have done the checks and i have found that your line is not stable and it is intermediate so checks by the second level of support they will monitor  the line and will get back to you 

Here's hoping

0 Ratings
Arronleeds
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 26

Hope they get it fixed for you, I know how it feels to have poor internet believe me. I can't even download and play a game at the same time because I get awful packet loss and high latency, so much for being able to do more at once eh.
0 Ratings
rexzer56
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 26

Yes, I am pretty sure that one of the taglines for Infinity is "even at peak times..."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Arronleeds
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 26

yep they said to me no throttling, BT is a joke, tbh id advise you to leave and go with virgin media. they are much better and dont let anyone tell you they arent. you can get there 100Meg package for cheaper than bts 80 and youre more than likely to get full speed. something people are rarely gonna get with BT.

0 Ratings
rexzer56
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 26

Hi folks

For your info, I got a phone call back from BT saying that 'they had identified issues on my line and has now been resolved", however, I had some spare time today, (ok - a lot of spare time) and pretty much plotted my download / upload speed to varying granularity 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ita7i1tiyc7tu3/speedtest.png?dl=0

0 Ratings