cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rexzer56
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

BT Infinity Option 2 - new customer- extreme slow download speed at 'peak' times

Good afternoon. 

I got Infinity Option 2 installed on the 12th and when it's good, I get about 68/18, however, after 5pm it often drops to to 3-15/7-12) based on analysis of speedtest.wholsesale.bt.com

I notice it as a detriment to even receiving the odd email!

I expect a drop at peak time, but I think this is far too extreme. 

I'm happy to engage in the tests , but not sure where to start. 

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: BT Infinity Option 2 - new customer- extreme slow download speed at 'peak' times

go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats 1-12

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 26

Re: BT Infinity Option 2 - new customer- extreme slow download speed at 'peak' times

Can you run that speedtest, and when complete run the 'Further Diagnostics' and post the results, please?

Are you running wired or wireless?  If at all possible run tests wired; there are so many extra variables with wireless.  For example, it may be that a neighbour turns on a wireless router or other interfering device at 5pm, or your central heating turns on with a dodgy pump, or ...???

0 Ratings
rexzer56
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 26

Thanks. I will carry out later on this evening. 

I do all my tests with wireless disabled , wired conncetions. Thanks

Until then, is this an 'acceptable' swing in permance at peak times? Just so I can set expectations. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 26

if you were using a wireless connection then it is more than likely it will fluctuate based on changing conditions  only way to really check is with a wired connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rexzer56
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 26

I'm sorry, a mis-placed comma may have changed the interpretation of my post. 

I do all of my tests with wireless disabled. I do my tests only with wired connections. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 26

ok

please post the information

0 Ratings
rexzer56
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 26

1. Product Name: HomeHub5

2. Serial number: +076284+1418001581

3. Firmware version: v0.07.01.0235-BT (Type B) Last updated [Unknown]

4. Board version: 01

5. VDSL uptime: 1 days, 19:20:40

6. Data Rate: 20000 / 74170

7. Maximum Data Rate: 24452 / 89194

8. Noise Margin: 9.1 / 6.1

9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 18.3

10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0

11. Data sent/received: 502.1 MB / 1.5 GB

12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
rexzer56
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Telephone Number 01592xxxxxx on Exchange GLENROTHES CENTRAL is served by Cabinet 16

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date  High Low High Low    

FTTC Range A (Clean)8072.62020--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)8062.42019--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3.5--2.5 to 4.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 3.5Up to 0.52.5 to 4.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 3--2 to 5.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available
Fixed Rate1----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
rexzer56
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 26

BTW Performance Test @ 22:02

D 4.62

U 8.55

latencey 193.ms

0 Ratings