cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity Option 4 only 20Mb upload speed?

You would thing with FTTH that the upload would be a minimum of 30Mb, anyway I know there is a roll out plan for FTTC but is there one for FTTH so I can see what areas are going to be enabled with FTTH?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
uklee
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity Option 4 only 20Mb upload speed?

You could check if you able to obtain the Infinity 4 product here:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/faster-internet

Hopefully someone jere will be able tell us if there is a road map for this product listing dates

Lee

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 6

There is no road map as such. You are being confused between FTTP which is available in selected areas and at present will not be rolled out further.

Then there is FTTPoD which Openreach have made available in all FTTC enabled areas but ISP's have yet to take up.

The ISP's are most likely holding off on the offchance Openreach bring the price down, at present it looks like the minimum cost would be £1500 if close to the fibre node then £500 per 100mts. It's a lot for ISP's to swallow even with a 2 yr contract without passing any costs onto the customer.

0 Ratings
jedpause
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

To answer the OP, yes you'd think 30MB Upload was enabled... not 20MB. The BT site shows 330/30 capable for my house, but at moment I'm on 330/20 ... great compared to many I know, but still not sure why 30MB up, would make a nice difference for online backup speed (my main use)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else
0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Waiting for Openreach to bring the price down?

You serious, they just put the price up............
0 Ratings
jedpause
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hello, bumping an old thread... can anyonw with Infinity 4 confirm if Upload is 20 or 20 mbps ?

I have Infinity 3 with 20 mbps upload... ADSKChECKER says my premises (FTTP/FoD) can get 30 mbps upstream.

I am asking becaause I want upgrade to Inf 4 but will only do so if it is fast upload

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else
0 Ratings