cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucykerr83
Message 1 of 9

BT Infinity Order Cancelled for the fourth time

We have been ordering the BT Broadband fibre to home Infinity 2 service ever since it became available in our area, about 10 months ago. Each time we get so far and then the order is cancelled - I think we have placed 4 or 5 orders beltween my husband and I. Reasons for cancellations have been varied, but are usually either:

1) Its not available in our area (our neighbour has it?)

2) They can't get it to our house as the telegraph pole is the wrong type (Again - it works for the neighbours?)

3) There isn't any availability on the exchange (when our order is accepted it shows there is?)

Often the issue falls between BT and BT openreach - with each blaming the other for why we can't progress. We often don't even get told the order has been cancelled until we chase them up to see whats happening.

The whole issue is worsended by the fact that my husband and i work full time and struggle to answer BT's call (if they do call which is rare!). I do not understand why a communications company cannot give the right phone number out so you can call someone back at a convienaiant time? I thought we were the customers?

I am getting very fed up with the whole thing, but annoyingly I don't have any opther alterntive, so would appreicate any suggestions on how I can get this rectified!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Infinity Order Cancelled for the fourth time

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Lucykerr83
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the quick response.

If I use my existing number (non-BT) or the new number BT allocated a couple of weeks ago, both show as no data available for this number?

0 Ratings
Lucykerr83
Message 4 of 9

this is what I get on the address....BT.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

your availability is FTTP not FTTC so try phoning the sales team on this number  08005874787 and see if you make some progress

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Lucykerr83
Message 6 of 9

Thank you - I will give that a go!

0 Ratings
Lucykerr83
Message 7 of 9

Sadly that didn't work. Everyone at BT says I qualify for this, but everytime an order is raised it is cancelled. I am so frustrated and cannot seem to speak to the right person!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi Lucykerr83,

I'm sorry about the problems getting your order placed.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll chase this up with the FTTP team for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings