cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chiraju
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Infinity Ordered Online - Order confirmed and now - BT says Infinity not available to my address

Hi

1. Mar 19 2013 - Checked if BT infinity was available on BT Website

2. Mar 19 2013 - Ordered BT infinity + BT Phone Line + Calls + BT Cordless phone (as part of a cash back deal from Topcashback)

3. Mar 19 2013 - Received order confirmation with all details

4. <In between received a text also from BT saying they will move my phone to BT first on 12 Apr 2013 and then contact me for MAC code to move my broadband>

5. Apr 12 2013 - Phone Line was moved to BT

6. After that no news from BT ..... Called them to findout about Broadband and they said your order is only Phone Line + Calls + Handset no broadband .... 🙂 ..

7. And confirmed that BT Infinity is not available at my address

Note:

Checked on BTWholesale website ...https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html and my phone number says BT Infinity is available to my address ...

😞 .... seriously ....

So basically BT is just playing games ...... what can I do????? I have raised a complaint .... but really disappointed by BT .... 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Infinity Ordered Online - Order confirmed and now - BT says Infinity not available to my addr

Try the mods at: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 . But be aware they take 3 working days to reply: sometimes more if busy, but they do usually get things sorted.

Unfortunately, you are far from alone in mess-ups like this.  The BT ordering system is very good at getting things wrong.

When things are sorted you will find it shows up as several different orders; probably none of them will be the order that got registered with Topcashback.  You will need to make sure that your cashback is processed properly.  Probably get the mods to help with that as well as the order itself.  

Even though my order went through as planned, it was split by the system into three before it happened, so I had to fight for both Quidco cashback and Sainsbury vouchers.  In my case both Quidco and BT were helpful, so it wasn't an acrimonious fight.

0 Ratings
chiraju
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Re: BT Infinity Ordered Online - Order confirmed and now - BT says Infinity not available to my addr

Hi

Thanks for the reply ...

But for my surprise BT (mods help) is still replying me saying BT Infinity is not available hence they can't do anything with the order .... and doesn't want to look in to the issue as why it was available previously and not now ...

Instead they want me to leave BT or take a standard broadband ....

Who can really help here? 

0 Ratings
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 4 of 9

Do you know when your cabinet went live? if it was some time ago I suspect your cabinet is now full, I have seen this happen a lot recently and BT do eventually add more space.

0 Ratings
chiraju
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

My cabinet number is 101, Not sure when it went live ...

19 Mar 2013 - I order for BT Infinity and also received order confirmation 

26 Mar 2013 - BT Confirmed that they have got my order and 12 Apr 2013 will switch the Phone and then call me for MAC to switch 

12 Apr 2013 - Phone line switched

after that BT didn't contact me for Broadband at all

26 Apr 2013 - Checked on BTWholesale and it showed BT Infinity is available (I have screenshots)

02 May 2013 - Checked on BYWholesale and it says BT iNFINITY not available and will be available from 15 May 2013 .....

God knows what went wrong ..

0 Ratings
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 6 of 9

From what I remember activation dates are given at the start of every 3 months and never actually gives a date such as the 15th of may. I suspect that this means your cabinet was full and they are adding more lines to cope with demand. I have seen this happen many times and in some cases they even add a 2nd cabinet to cope with demand.

@chiraju wrote:

My cabinet number is 101, Not sure when it went live ...

19 Mar 2013 - I order for BT Infinity and also received order confirmation 

26 Mar 2013 - BT Confirmed that they have got my order and 12 Apr 2013 will switch the Phone and then call me for MAC to switch 

12 Apr 2013 - Phone line switched

after that BT didn't contact me for Broadband at all

26 Apr 2013 - Checked on BTWholesale and it showed BT Infinity is available (I have screenshots)

02 May 2013 - Checked on BYWholesale and it says BT iNFINITY not available and will be available from 15 May 2013 .....

God knows what went wrong ..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

sounds like the cabinet is not yet active all you can do is wait for now
0 Ratings
chiraju
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Thanks all for the quick replies ...

Any idea who can confirm what is the exact issue here?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Only Openreach will know the cause of any delay  but they only deal with service providers there can be many reasons for a delay  waiting for power to be connected a blocked cable duct preventing fibre to be blown to the cabinet  a problem while carrying out the cabinet testing procedure just for a few 

0 Ratings