Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-BO-86
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT Infinity Poor Speed.

Go to solution

Hi 

I really hope so one can help me or point me in the right direction.

I am currently on BT Infinity Option 2 and my Internet has been really slow. I can't watch BT sport very well as it keeps buffering and I was trying to watch SkyGo at the weekend and it was buffering as well. When I ran a few test (Speedtest.net) and using BT Speedtest it was saying I getting 9mb download and tried this a thounsand time over the last week and it still keeps say 9mb and sometime at peak times even lower! Now I don't think this is an acceptable speed for Infinity do you agree? I live in a Fairly large town so not out in the country so there is now reason as to why I shouldn't be getting a faster connection afteral that's what I am paying for right? The BT website says I should be getting at least 29mb??

I have logged a Fault with BT: VOL051-*********** but really need this sorting ASAP as I need to use the Internet as I work from home quite a bit.

Thanks Rant over lol

James

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Infinity Poor Speed.

Go to solution

Please delete your fault reference number, as its private to you.

You will need to provide full BT Speedtester results, taken using an Ethernet cable connected between your home hub and your computer. If you computer has wireless, then turn it off while running the test.

BT Wholesale Speedtester

Guru
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
After the first test, run the 'Further Diagnostics' part as well.
Jim-BO-86
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for your Responses. I will perform full speed test tonight and post up the results for you.

Sorry for putting BT Fault number in though this might help, but thanks for editing.

James

0 Ratings
Jim-BO-86
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Tests.jpg

Here are my results?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

could you please post the results of the link but edit out your phone number from it http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

Jim-BO-86
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Tests.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

The forum mods will reply to you here and give you their link when they read your post
Please do not send them a PM as this is not the correct contact method and this may delay any reply from them as they may not be back on shift for some time

The forum mods normally replywithin3/5 working days after you have contacted them. Personally to you by email or phonemod contact.JPG

Highlighted
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Jim-BO-86,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Jim-BO-86
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks Dave. What Details shall I send you?

0 Ratings