Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

BT Infinity SNR/DLM reset

Go to solution

I recently got a new router which is able to give me much more detailed states on my line. I noticed my downstream sync rate is 48998 and ti never changes even though my SNR is 10.6. According to my router my attainble rate is around 62-63. I wasnt expecting that high but i figured i could get around 56-58 at least. On the upstream you can see my attainble and actual rate are  very close so i dont think the router is lying.

It looks like my line has been banded by the DLM to 49mb max and it wont change at all. I tried the chat system last week to get my line changed and i got no where all i got was a complaint number and told someone would get in touch within 24-48 hours and no one did. So on Friday i tried the chat again and as usual no one had a clue about what i was talking about but after 2 people i was passed to someone who did know. They sadly couldnt actually help though and put my through to someone else who could. They understood the issue and said they would do a SNR reset for me and it had gone through.

But looking at my stats nothing has changed and im still on the exact same rate. As i said on the phone if my line doesnt improve then thats fair enough if thats all i can get but id like the reset to try and its pretty clear a reset hasnt been done or the DLM has ignored it.

These are my stats from before and after:

Downstream Upstream
Line Coding (Trellis) On On
SNR Margin (dB) 10.5 6.0
Attenuation (dB) 20.6 0.0
Output Power (dBm) 12.1 7.4
Attainable Rate (Kbps) 62327 13467
Rate (Kbps) 48998 13235
B (# of bytes in Mux Data Frame) 195 146
M (# of Mux Data Frames in an RS codeword) 1 1
T (# of Mux Data Frames in an OH sub-frame) 0 0
R (# of redundancy bytes in the RS codeword) 10 16
S (# of data symbols over which the RS code word spans) 0.1269 0.3522
L (# of bits transmitted in each data symbol) 12991 3702
D (interleaver depth) 4 4
I (interleaver block size in bytes) 206 163
N (RS codeword size) 206 163
Delay (msec) 0 0
INP (DMT symbol) 51.00 49.00
OH Frames 0 0
OH Frame Errors 0 0
RS Words 6313184 2283649
RS Correctable Errors 78 32
RS Uncorrectable Errors 0 0
HEC Errors 0 0
OCD Errors 0 0
LCD Errors 0 0
Total Cells 19033329 0
Data Cells 5327270 0
Bit Errors 0 0
Total ES 0 0
Total SES 0 0
Total UAS 58 58

After:

Downstream Upstream
Line Coding (Trellis) On On
SNR Margin (dB) 10.4 6.2
Attenuation (dB) 20.6 0.0
Output Power (dBm) 12.0 7.4
Attainable Rate (Kbps) 62116 13623
Rate (Kbps) 48998 13374
B (# of bytes in Mux Data Frame) 195 146
M (# of Mux Data Frames in an RS codeword) 1 1
T (# of Mux Data Frames in an OH sub-frame) 0 0
R (# of redundancy bytes in the RS codeword) 10 16
S (# of data symbols over which the RS code word spans) 0.1269 0.3486
L (# of bits transmitted in each data symbol) 12991 3741
D (interleaver depth) 4 4
I (interleaver block size in bytes) 206 163
N (RS codeword size) 206 163
Delay (msec) 0 0
INP (DMT symbol) 51.00 48.00
OH Frames 0 0
OH Frame Errors 1 0
RS Words 3152444712 1151943246
RS Correctable Errors 33482 4915
RS Uncorrectable Errors 0 0
HEC Errors 0 0
OCD Errors 0 0
LCD Errors 0 0
Total Cells 867386881 0
Data Cells 621205240 0
Bit Errors 0 0
Total ES 1 0
Total SES 0 0
Total UAS 29 29

As you can see no change. Is someone able to resolve this issue for me please?

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: BT Infinity SNR/DLM reset

Go to solution

the one things stats don't show is dsl uptime

unfortunately unlike adsl the mods cannot reset your vdsl connection and this is currently done following an engineer visit to fix a fault and then he can request a DLM reset

openreach have mad eit possible for ISPs to request a DLM reset under certain criteria but as yet BT have not set out any procedure which allows the mods to make such a request.  The sooner BT get moving and get the procedure in place the better it will be for all their customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

The person i spoke to from technical support said they can now do requests themselves like ADSL. I specifically asked multiple times are you sure? I said i thought openreach had to do it. I was told no BT can now do it themselves without sending someone out. So either that was a lie/misinformed which seems odd as i questioned it specifically or they now can and just didnt do it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

@Wiggyg32

the forum mods still cannot request the DLM reset on vdsl - there are many posts which if you search will confirm this  as I said the sooner this changes the better for everyone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution
I appreciate that but can the mods put me in contact with someone i can the steps i had to go through last time were very time consuming and id rather avoid that this time also they didn't actually resolve my issue last time.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

unfortunately as I said at start you need engineer visit to get DLM reset so need to phone 151

the DLM won't get you out of banding if line is not stable and the stats did not show any uptime

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution
My line is stable its just fully locked the SNR might change by .1 sometimes but thats once a day. I have a feeling my old netgear router was causing problems and thats why i was banded but from those stats and uptime i can see i should get a higher sync.

If the mods cant help then fair enough but Im confused on this DLM issue. I thought you have to have open reach come out but like i say BT said they can do it but it seems didn't so did they lie or just not do it?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

They lied.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution
Cheers! oh well ill contact BT and they can send an engineer out then more hoop jumping! Thanks for telling me i appreciate you guys have tried to help its just very annoying when you get conflicting information but at least i now know what the deal is.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 10 of 26

TRe: BT Infinity SNR/DLM reset

Go to solution

BT will not send an engineer out just to reset DLM.

0 Ratings