Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: TRe: BT Infinity SNR/DLM reset

Go to solution
I know they wouldn't normally but they would if i paid £129?

As they have effectively lied to me when i questioned multiple times on the phone they can pay open reach to do it. I also don't see how its far anyway for it to be OK for a line to be banded, I understand if the DLM has set me to 49 if my line has errors but if my line improves then so should my profile which clearly isn't happening why should i lose 10mb because DLM basically isn't working as it should?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

As far as Openreach are concerned DLM is working as it should. They are the one's that control it not your ISP.

If you think £130 is reasonable to get 10Mbs back then go ahead and pay it. Personally I don't.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution
I accept that but then BT shouldn't of claimed they could fix it and as i said I could pay open reach to do it so BT can pay for it to be done after this.

I was saying in general i know its within limits and above the min so under open reach its fine but it does seem wrong for a line to just be locked. I understand why it does it but DLM SHOULD change if conditions improve and this should be an issue addressed by them seems stupid you have to hope you get a fault or something and they then go and do it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution
Right so spoke to someone on the chat who has confirmed they have done a SNR reset and they can do it and it doesn't need Openreach at all. What is going on at this point? I have saved the chat so if this is once again a lie I won't be happy
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

I look forward to your next post bearing in mind that any DLM reset is done by openreach not any ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution
Ok I get that but what am I supposed to do. I'm told by BT they have done it I'm happy to supply the chat log I asked multiple times isn't this something Openreach do and was told no bt can do it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

Pointless going any further. We've told you, you'd rather listen to what an india chat call centre tells you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution
I get what your saying but A the person I spoke to on the phone was in Newcastle so thanks for the Indian call centre advice there. The person on chat probably is from there but the point is they BOTH represent BT so you are probably right, but they should know what they can and can't do and if it's the case they are lying then as I said BT will be paying for open reach to fix this. Im confused as to why people on here act like it's a given that people who work for bt are wrong and thus I should let it go.

As I say you are probably right it requires open reach but BT staff should know this I'm not going to just drop it because for some reason I should just take it as a given that bt don't know what they are doing and that's somehow ok
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

@Wiggyg32 wrote 'I'm confused as to why people on here act like it's a given that people who work for bt are wrong and thus I should let it go.'

I think you should read some of the other forum posts about DLM reset including the posts of clarification from the forum mods who are the only BT employees on the forum - just use the search facility

just post back if your chat gets DLM reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

Hi All, please keep your posts friendly and on topic.

@Wiggyg32 We will be happy to help you from here on with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings