cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mct-panlane
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Infinity Slow Speed

I have the latest faceplate with integrated filter. This was fitted by a BT engineer only a couple of months ago. Distance to the cabinet is an issue, it is a mile bu the engineer got a pretty clean line hence an ADSL download 2.7 Mbps which is not a bad figure for the distance.

I will remove face plate and use test socket to double check.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

ThE speed on adsl has no bearing in most cases as fibre is distance from cabinet and distance to exchange is immaterial

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mct-panlane
Beginner
Message 13 of 16

Have tried connecting to test socket by removing the face plate and despite several attempts with and without a filter HH5 would not connect. Refitted faceplate and connected. Interestinglt download speed is now 8.87Mbps which could be a result of rebooting the hub.

Interestingly other villagers connected to the same cabinet and a similar distance from the cabinet as myself are getting in excess of 25 Mbps.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

there is something wrong if you cannot get  your broadband to work in the test socket  if you have SSFP then test socket shown by black arrow

test-socket-thumb.jpg

do you have extension wires connected to the detachable faceplate of master?  if so are you sure that one of your extensions is in fact the master socket?  can you see where openreach wires enter your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
mct-panlane
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

Yes. That is the socket I have been using and yes the wires from the pole go stright into the socket.  in prior fault finding exercises it has worked fine. I will try again tomorrow. The filters I am using with the test socket are old adsl filters. Are fibre to cabinet any different ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

The filters are just the same so should work