cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dentsang
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity Speed Drop?

So, been with BT a long time and besides it's ups and downs every once in a while, things are pretty good for a service and I've stuck with it.

Originally, I signed up for the 80/20 service when it first launched and I remember getting impressive speed of around 7.2 - 7.5 mb download speeds which was amazing when I switched from ISDN > ADSLMax then onto Fiber.

Anyway, fast forward 2-3 years and the speed has now dropped to around 55/20 and not sure why considering I know the line is capable of more.  I don't get frequent disconnects and nothing out of the ordinary has happened so can't understand what has caused this.

I've still got logs of when I was running speed tests as I was really impressed with the service when it first launched and then over the years keeping a track of the line.

Having logged into the Smart Hub, I can see that my synced down stream speed is at 55.00Mbps and upload at 20.00.

s.JPG

I haven't downgraded the package I'm on so at a loss of what I can do. 

Is there any advice or help anyone can give to point me in the right direction of how I can get this resolved please?

Thank you!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity Speed Drop?

post stats from advanced settings then technical log information 

enter your phone number and post results remember delete number.   https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
dentsang
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi imjolly,

Thanks for helping.  Here's the info:

Capture.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Cheers

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 7

Any noise on your line?  17070 option 2, best with corded phone. Should be silent between announcements.

Also just over an hour uptime have you been rebooting? If so stop as it will make it worse.

0 Ratings
dentsang
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi there, no noise/static on the line using corded phone.

The reboot was just a one off as per standard fault fixing to see if that would resolve the issue it but prior to that, I've never rebooted.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Have you renewed your contract recently?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dentsang
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I'm not sure if this is considered as 'renewing' but my brother works at BT and switched us to the  employee package around 3-4 months ago I think.

Having looked at the package itself, it's the equivalent to Super Fast Fibre 2.

Would switching a contract cause the issue?

0 Ratings