cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickChurch
Beginner
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT Infinity Speed dropping to very slow bitrates in the evening

I was using the full version of the site - I see now that a contact the mods link has now appeared. So I will do that
0 Ratings
NickChurch
Beginner
Message 12 of 17

I have completed the form. I hope this is the start of the situation being resolved.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Thanks for confirming that @NickChurch, sorry for any confusion.

We're busier than usual so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you've submitted the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Sage
Message 14 of 17

@NickChurch wrote:

Oh my god - this  is so frustrating!!! 

3 Engineers have now planned to come. I have taken days off work, they have all cancelled because they do a line check and it's fine. However I've tried to tell them that it's always fine during the day, it's the evening thats the problem. But they cannot seem to understand this.

The fact is the engineers are correct. Your problem is not one Openreach engineers can resolve. Wiat for the mods to get back to you and you will only deal with them until resolved.

0 Ratings
NickChurch
Beginner
Message 15 of 17

9/10/2016

We have hit a new low tonight - 1.5mbps. And earlier this evening, it was only 750k. I hope this Infinity is sorted soon. I only bought in as the broadband in our area was only 3mbps. That seems like luxury now 😞

Look forward to hearing from someone

0 Ratings
NickChurch
Beginner
Message 16 of 17

Just an update that this is no better. I have had 4 engineers out and it's still the same. What next?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

Engineers will never be able to resolve this.

It's a peak time congestion issue which will only be resolved once BT wholesale increase capacity in the backhaul, or spread the load across some lighter utilised Virtual Pathways.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings