Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmphfor1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity - Such a massive disappointment - Connection constantly dropping

Hi,

Had BT Infinity installed and all of my devices now suffer from intermittent drop-outs numerous times per day.

I tried resetting equipment, assigning static IP addresses (as I thought it was a DHCP problem) but nothing seems to solve it.

I'm using a HomeHub 4 but have also tried an ASUS n66u router as well with similar results.

I was with BE unlimited prior to swapping across and the connection (using the ASUS router) was rock solid.

Not sure where to go from here. It seems to be that the connection drops and sometimes re-connects very quickly (30 seconds) or sometimes can be 10 minutes. Messages include failure to connect to the default gateway. Sometime a reset of the network adaptor can solve the problem but to be fair really disappointed with what is happening.

Posted a couple of times on the forum previosly without receiving a response so if anyone can offer some advice it would be greated appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity - Such a massive disappointment - Connection constantly dropping

Is this happening just with wireless connections or do you suffer the same with a wired connection?

0 Ratings
cmphfor1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity - Such a massive disappointment - Connection constantly dropping

Thanks for the reply.

It is happening on wireless connections but also on two PCs I have connected to the homehub via powerline plugs.

I could typically have upto 8 devices connected to the hub at any one time (PCs, Ipads, Phones etc) but throughout the day one devices will drop the connection whilst the others are ok.

They all reconnect back up but it may require me to power down the IPad and "reboot" or reset the network adaptor in the PC etc. I would guess it happens a handful of times a day and is a pain!

0 Ratings