cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nkarnolduk
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity Two Speed Slowly slowing down

Hello

I've had BT Infinity 2 for about 6 months and the VDSL negotiated speed has dropped from 65MB/17MB when first installed to 49MB/5MB now (this went down in 5-6mb chunks over the last 4 months), until settling at exactly 49MB

Its been stuck on 49MB for quite a white and the upload flucuates anywhere between 5 and 6

WHen the engineer put this in, he had to return to the cab in the street about 5 times and the install took several hours (I was one of the first in the village), so that leads me to think, has he 'sticky taped' something with my connection.

I use a Draytek 2860N router and the connection is good.

I can't but feel though, I've lost 15MB Down and 12MB up somewhere.

Done all the usual self-help stuff (Master socket only, no extensions, Uptime on router is 3 months, other than 1 power off I can think of)

We only have 1 cab in our Village (I estimate, its <150M if I could get to it in a straight line)

My mother-in-law lives further away from the cab than we do, and gets better speeds by a long way (78 Down / 19 Up)

Is it worth me pursing an engineer visit to get things checked out ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
dfenceman
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity Two Speed Slowly slowing down

Hi,

I am not saying this is the cause but you may find Mark Heath's article very interesting, particularly since you say you were the first to be fibre enabled like he was  :-
Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Can you post some line stats including sync rate, max rate, and noise margins please?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
nkarnolduk
Message 4 of 5

Hello

Thanks for looking into this

Stats didn't paste in very readable.. Image attached instead

thanks

Stats

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

What does this link say - delete your number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Do you know if it is any different from when you first had infinity

If your mum gets higher speeds than you then based on your original speed  you may well be on a B range line with crosstalk having an impact.

Your stats show the snr to be fine and no errors.

0 Ratings