cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity Usage

I currently use on average 13GB a month through an iPad, smart tv, two iPhones and the kids watching YouTube- light to medium usage? I currently have an average download speed if 11MB/S. Will the increased Infinity speeds have an effect on my monthly usage? Have upgraded over phone to infinity unlimited but having now had chance to read small print, I'm not sure i need unlimited usage and 76mb download speeds? How much difference does infinity make?<br>
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity Usage

The main benefit of the extra speeds of Infinity2 (80/20) over Infinity1 (40/10) are for big downloads, and uploads for backup.  If neither of these applies to you, Infinity1 may be quite adequate.

You may find you stream more HD video (YouTube, iPlayer, ....) so your usage may go up quite a bit even with Infinity1.  It certainly may as the kids get older ....  Unfortanately, impossible to give a more coherent answer.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for that, the other concern I had was I opted for the 76mb download speeds but the paperwork arrived today quoting an estimated 52mb so I feel I paying for the top
Speed but won't actually be getting it. Don't think I'll need the 50gb cloud storage either- thanks again for advice
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I would definitely go for an unlimited package whether that be Unlimited Infinity 1 or Unlimited Infinity 2 is obviously your choice. The reason I would go for unlimited is that you will no doubt use more of the limits as time goes on, whether this is on your TV, smartphones or tablets and if you are unlimited then there will be no nasty surprises if you exceed the limit.

As there is only £3 of a difference between option 1 and option 2 I would go for option 2 which gives you a bit more speed which will be of benefit if more than one person is using the Internet for say watching a movie or playing games etc.

0 Ratings