Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wesley88
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity activation/connection problems

Hello all,

Please help!!

As part of a house move I had the opportunity to upgrade from standard broadband to Infinity....Initially my activation date was 7th April 2014, and my TV and landline were both completed on that day.  Infinity activation was put back to 14th April, and I got the text and email yesterday to say it was all ready.

I set up the HomeHub 5 as per the instructions and got the orange power light with flashing red broadband light. I tried restarting/resetting the homehub a few times with no luck, so decided to wait until after midnight.

Tried again today, same issues.  Called up and spoke to someone in India, hoping for a quick fix, but could only stay on the phone for 30mins or so before heading to work.  On the phone I basically got talked through all the usual stuff that I had already tried - restarting, resetting, check the socket, all of those seem to be fine.

Can anyone help me?  It's already been over a week since I was supposed to be up and running and it's now getting very frustrating!

Cheers in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity activation/connection problems

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 5

Hi Wesley88

Welcome to the forums.

I'll find out whats going on here.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Wesley88
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Brilliant, thanks Craig.  Have done, enquiry ref number 140415-***** if its any help.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Wesley88
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks all for your help...there is a new hub on its way which will hopefully solve the problem, will mark as solved if it works.

Just another quickie...it might be related, but I seem to have now lost BT Sport on my TV.  It worked fine on Sunday, then I tried again yesterday and it wasn't working.  Could this be to do with the Infinity activation on Monday?  And the fact that Infinity is not connecting means that BT Sport isn't working?

Cheers

0 Ratings