cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager - Retired
Message 51 of 77

Re: BT Infinity & Broadband Talk

Hi All

Sorry for any confusion there.  I'd like to clarify that if you have BT Infinity and your BB Talk works now you will be able to keep it, and new BT customers ordering BT Infinity at the moment will also be able to use BB Talk (as per email you received Bob1001).  This will only change if you decide to change your services in future.

Also, as mentioned in my last post, in January 2011 BB Talk will no longer be offered to new customers due to compatibility reasons.

In summary - if you have BB Talk already there will be no change unless you decide to change your services, or for existing BB customers, you decide to re-grade to BT Infinity.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 52 of 77

Thanks KerryG all that needs to happen now is for it to work (It is reported as a fault). Please however can BT circulate this info to all who are customer facing so that there is a common message.

0 Ratings
abeltur
Beginner
Message 53 of 77

Hi (Bob 1001)

Perhaps KerryG will confirm that BBTalk will continue to be offered (and work) under the slower broadband packages or are we seeing the demise of those facilities?

For my part, the faster speeds afforded by Infinity are less of an issue than the loss of BBTalk.

It would go some way to satisfy their aggrieved customers if BT could give some clue as to their new and exciting improvements, but I doubt they will.

I have been loyal customer with BT for nearly 50 years but now feel that I am being poorly served by them.

0 Ratings
abeltur
Beginner
Message 54 of 77

OK I was slow to respond so thanks to KerryG for the update
0 Ratings
jumpjet
Contributor
Message 55 of 77

@KerryG wrote:

Also, as mentioned in my last post, in January 2011 BB Talk will no longer be offered to new customers due to compatibility reasons.

Thx

Kerry

Hi KerryG

I may be wrong, but that implies (to me at least), that Broadband Talk doesn't really work properly (to spec) with the Infinity service (hence I cannot use BB Talk and landline at the same time, for example), so BT have decided to drop the BB Talk product (with Infinity) rather than trying to get it to work to spec.

So Infinity isn't REALLY compatible with BB Talk, but you can keep BB Talk as a kind of barebones system if you already have it, but no new users will be offered it in the future (January).

Would that be a good summary, or is it way off base?

Cheers Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 56 of 77

@Bob1001 - sounds like your fault is in process of being fixed.  If you need any further help after that, let us know.

@jumpjet.  I'm afraid you are off base with that one.  I'll copy the full sentence here...

"From January 2011 onwards we will no longer be selling BT Broadband Talk to new customers as it will not be compatible with other exciting and innovative equipment and services that we are planning to launch later in the year."

So the compatibility element refers to new equipment and services launching later in 2011. Exciting times ahead! Smiley Happy

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

jumpjet
Contributor
Message 57 of 77

@KerryG wrote:

@jumpjet.  I'm afraid you are off base with that one.  I'll copy the full sentence here...

"From January 2011 onwards we will no longer be selling BT Broadband Talk to new customers as it will not be compatible with other exciting and innovative equipment and services that we are planning to launch later in the year."

So the compatibility element refers to new equipment and services launching later in 2011. Exciting times ahead! Smiley Happy

Thx

Kerry

lol ........ thanks Kerry

I'll translate that as 'expensive times ahead!'  ........ but I could be wrong ..... again!  Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 58 of 77

@KerryG wrote:

@Bob1001 - sounds like your fault is in process of being fixed.  If you need any further help after that, let us know.

Thx

Kerry

Hi Kerry

If I may say so, that doesn't actually really answer the fundamental question why BBTalk is not being offered to new Infinity users. Not everyone will want the "extra services", but maybe they might want the BBTalk instead.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 59 of 77

Hi Everyone,

My broadband talk is now working properly however how I got it working is a bit of a mystery so I do not know if this will help anyone.

BT for some reason changed my BB number, not actually a problem but when I tried to activate it it failed which is when I reported it as a fault.

In desperation I tried to activate my old number and this looked as though it was successful, OK message and the phone light on the hub, but did not work, outgoing OK but no incoming.

Don't know what made me try but I tried to make a call in to my new BB number and this worked although I had never activated it.

So it now works on the new number but I have no idea why.

I wonder what my bill will look like as my BB account shows the old number but I am not making callls on it, never mind that should be "easy" to sort if it gives a problem. Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
alan_13
Beginner
Message 60 of 77

Hi Kerry

Thanks for your statement below, hopefully it will help my problem.

I am a BT employee and have just become eligible for Employee Infinity.

I too am rather attached to my BB Talk line as I find it invaluable with 2 teenage children!

However, when applying online for Employee Infinity the lasy 'tick' box reads;

'BT is no longer offering Broadband Talk with BT Infinity. Please tick this box to confirm acceptance'

This stopped me in my tracks as I don't wish to lose my BB Talk line.

I would like Infinity and BB Talk together. Can you advise how I get around this please?

Thanks

Alan_13

0 Ratings