cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

BT Infinity and video buffering ?

Just wondering why it is that any video we try and watch on the internet plays for a few minutes and then buffers. The Infinity speed is a constant 37.48Mbps down so should be adaquate. I've changed the BT hub for a Draytek Vigor router in an effort to resolve this issue but it still happens.

Something I have noticed is that the Draytek router doesn't reboot every week like the BT Hub did. Every Friday at 12.00noon it would reboot. BT just ignored my requests for a explaination.

This buffering is driving me bonkers - it shouldn't happen when I'm paying BT all the time for a service.

Any suggestions to fix it would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Infinity and video buffering ?

Are you connecting by Ethernet or wireless. For the best results you should use Ethernet. Wireless can be prone to interference.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Thanks for the response.

I've yet to find a way of connecting an Ipad with a cable. The issue is also happening when connected via a cable to PC. I really did think it was to do with the BT router but obviously not with the Draytek giving the same result.

I'll keep hunting for a solution.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

run btspeedtester with your pc connected by ethernet (no powerline adapter) and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 14

@mikej101 wrote:

Thanks for the response.

I've yet to find a way of connecting an Ipad with a cable. The issue is also happening when connected via a cable to PC. I really did think it was to do with the BT router but obviously not with the Draytek giving the same result.

I'll keep hunting for a solution.

You need a USB to Ethernet adapter such as the one below.

USB to Ethernet.jpg

£4.99 from a well known auction site.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Thanks anyway but there is no USB socket on an ipad.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: 

Download Speed : 37.28 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: 

Upload Speed : 6.55 Mbps
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

that is result from first test but can you continue and run second test which is diagnostic and post results  again with ethernet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 9 of 14

Is there a mini/micro USB as there are variants for  that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

The only connection is for the Apple lightening connector.

0 Ratings