cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olly26
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity available but checker says no

Big 'infinity here' sticker on green box in village and friend in same village confirmed that he has switched to infinity, after checking on line and speaking to BT staff all confirm that not available for my number/postcode??

Went back to mate explaining that BT advised that although some areas of village active others must be being phased in ? He was having none of it and was sure his brother inlaw 2 doors down from me was on infinity - Knocked his door and he confirmed he was on infinity ??

I am not a BT customer but looking to switch from talktalk, can anyone shed any light on why someone living 2 doors away on same street can get infinity but I cant ??

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity available but checker says no

@Olly26 wrote:

Big 'infinity here' sticker on green box in village and friend in same village confirmed that he has switched to infinity, after checking on line and speaking to BT staff all confirm that not available for my number/postcode??

Went back to mate explaining that BT advised that although some areas of village active others must be being phased in ? He was having none of it and was sure his brother inlaw 2 doors down from me was on infinity - Knocked his door and he confirmed he was on infinity ??

I am not a BT customer but looking to switch from talktalk, can anyone shed any light on why someone living 2 doors away on same street can get infinity but I cant ??

Thanks

It's possible that your friends brother inlaw has his telephone line going to a different street cabinet and that's why you can't get Infinity. Have you tried talktalk's checker to see if you can get fibre?

0 Ratings
Olly26
Message 3 of 5

Yep - They also say unavailable ??

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Hi Olly26,

What does it say when you enter your landline number (if recognised by BT Wholesale) or address into the BT Wholesale Database here: http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl for landline number or http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput for address.

The landline checker is the most accurate.

It now says which cabinet your on as well so you could compare your results to your friends brother inlaws results using the BT Wholesale database.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Its more than likely you're connected to a different PCP that hasn't been connected to a RDSLAM.

Just because someone two doors is on say PCP 6 it doesn't mean everyone on that same street is on PCP 6.

0 Ratings