cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenthom2
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity compatability issues

Hi, I have a BT Infiniti service FTTC running into my office and BTHUB6, I then beam the signal using a pair of Ubiquiti airMAX dishes to a satellite office 500 metres awaywith the signal running through a wifi router, to provide a broadband service at that satellite office. The Ubiquiti dishes beam the service at 100% efficiency but there's a problem, connecting devices at  either office is completely hit or miss. Often either with wifi or ethernet, connections register as 'no internet available'. Its infuriating and I've thought it was a IPV6 vs IPV4 issue, but the HUB6 transmiits over both and connected laptops network cards are compatible with both, still no connection - sometimes. 

Is the intermittent nature of the problem indicative of a HUB6 fault or incoming signal fault? Can someone please advise how to best diagnose the problem 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity compatability issues

A good start would be to post the hub connection stats. see HERE if you don't know how.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

are you a business user?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
kenthom2
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Yes, a business user...

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

This is the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Someone there may be able to advise, or offer an alternative business solution, or possibly a different BT product to connect to your network.

Thanks

0 Ratings
kenthom2
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thanks, sorry I didnt know there was a different forum...

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@kenthom2 wrote:

Thanks, sorry I didnt know there was a different forum...

Its not a problem, its just that some of the configurations are different, like static IP addresses. Also not sure of the IPv6 status on business connections.

The business forum is not as busy as this one, but there are a couple of BT Employees (moderators) who do try to help.

Mostly its customer customer support, like this forum.

0 Ratings