cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
help4simon
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity drop-outs every couple of minutes

Help please.

For some weeks now we have had drop-outs every few minutes or so.  It's driving me nuts.  We've now had 2 broadband engineers visit from BT but to no avail.  They confirm that here is no issue with our internal wiring or socket etc.  In despair yesterday, I followed the online diagnoisis route and it came up with.... Phone line not working for incoming or outgoing calls......although that's not true at all.  See below if it helps.   The 'Uptime' refelect the last time I rebooted our router this morning.  It should be noted that the router always maintains a blue light despite the drop-outs that last say 15 seconds at a time.  We can't stream radio or Netflix any more since it just fails constantly.  Thanks

Information for Helpdesk agents

When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request

1. Product Name: HomeHub5

2.  Serial number: +076286+1544002031

3. Firmware version: v0.07.06.01239-BT (Type B) Last updated 6/3/2017

4. Board version: 01

5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 07:19:42

6. Data Rate: 8352 / 35000

7. Maximum Data Rate: 8352 / 41779

8. Noise Margin: 6.1 / 8.6

9. Line Attenuation: 26.4 / 24.1

10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0

11. Data sent/received: 95.0 MB / 466.0 MB

12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

13. BT Wi-fi: No

14.2.4GHz wireless network/SSID:XXXXXXXXX

15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))

16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)

17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)

18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: XXXXXXXX

19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))

20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)

21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)

22. Firewall: Default

23. MAC Address: XXXXXXXXXXX.

24. Software variant: -

25. Boot loader: 0.5.1-BT (Wed Nov 12 11:52:05 2014)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity drop-outs every couple of minutes

if hub light remaining blue are you sure the hub is dropping internet conenction and it is not just your devices have lost wireless conenction to the hub?

Huve you tried splitting the 2.4 and 5ghz bands and also selecting the channels manually  many devices don't like the 2 bands combined

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
help4simon
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I've tried just conencting one wired laptop to the HH5 (and nothing else) and there was the same result (streaming radio on the laptop failing every few mins).

I also used my own Bipac 7800DXL too and there were the same drop-outs.  As I type this note, I've just looked at the BT fault tracker (for my fault) and it's just changed to 'Your fault should be fixed'   (The fault, in their eyes, being 'unable to make incoming or outgoing calls'.    

I'll now see what happens and report back. 

0 Ratings
help4simon
Message 4 of 5

And yes, I tried the splitting of the 2.4 & 5 Gz a week or so back too.   But, thanks for the info.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

if another router is having the same drop in connection it's more than a hub problem     did you check at the same tiime if the router was still connected to the internet or had it reset the connection time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings