cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulB67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity fibre plus wrong cabinet

Ok, so a few weeks ago a new cabinet went up in our rural village, which is 100m from the house as opposed to 1000m for the one we were on, it is an employee fibre broadband package.

So i checked the available checker and it showed we had been moved to the new cabinet (Num 4) great thinks i, should be able to get proper high speed now rather the 20meg i get now.

My wife ordered the fibre plus through her work and it went active with promises of between 60-80 meg down and 17-20 up, fantastic, they emailed and said it had gone live with the low speed guarentee.

The speeds never materialised so i called faults, they agreed there was an issue and sent an engineer into the area who reported fault fixed....Nope speed check proved not.

More calls, long frustrating calls to various people, eventually another engineer (openreach) was sent today to sort the problem, he came and told my wife that our broadband was not on cabinet 4 (100m away) but still on cabinet 1 (1000m away), he told us to contact BT and tell them to raise an order with openreach to move us to cabinet 4 as the tests say we already are.

An hour long call to Brett in Newcastle who contacted various people and then comes back to say sorry we cant do that......really, you cant raise an order to move us to the nearer cabinet to give us the speeds you promised in your contract with us. I was then told we can reduce your broadband cost to compensate, sorry said i you cant get lower than zero as its employee.

There has to be a way to get this sorted and move us onto cabinet 4 to get the  speeds as promised, if i didnt have a phone line and placed an order for one they would come and cable to the nearest cabinet (4) not all the way to (1).

Help please as i am losing the plot now, this is the DSL checker info

Cheers Paul

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number 01847 ****** on Exchange REAY is served by Cabinet 4

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
Left in JumperObserved SpeedsVDSLOther Offerings

Availability Date

Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)8067201960AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)8061.9201955AvailableAvailable-- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 8--5.5 to 12.5Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 8Up to 15.5 to 12.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)23.66     
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)1.13     
Observed Date2019-04-26     
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date15-05-2019    
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity fibre plus wrong cabinet

You’ll either have to wait for your services to be migrated to the new PCP or have a Cease and Reprovide done.
0 Ratings
PaulB67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

How would I get a cease and reprovide done, is that something the tech experts on here can help with so that I can advise my wife for an employee request?
0 Ratings
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

A Cease and Reprovide is basically BT cancelling your Broadband Service and then Reproviding it.

As PCP4 is now listed as the Primary one when they place the Reprovide Order they’ll automatically provide your broadband from there.
0 Ratings
TechFreak
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

The only option looking feasible( only if you're happy to sacrifice your share of broadband for sometime) is to cancel the service and then take it again.
You can call up the orders team or the values team and ask them to either do a switch which they would say is not possible and then you can pitch in for the cease and reprovide of the services. This way, you might get connected to the new cabinet installed and get good speeds.

0 Ratings