cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmac9
Message 1 of 16

BT Infinity in my area but not at my address

My exchange Barnet is enabled but I can't get infinity. The checker says there are no plans in the next 6 months to provide infinity, however I have had the network upgrade email. Is this going to make any difference to whether I will ever be able to get infinity? Is there anywhere that has any more info than the checker?

Thanks

Duncan

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES
RandomHappyGuy
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Infinity in my area but not at my address

Have you tried this one?

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Also:

http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/where-and-when/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Option 3 with Fibre. (Quoted 10mbps/2mbps)
28th May 2011 -- 32.5mbps / 8.5mbps
Website checker is just so accurate! Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
dmac9
Message 3 of 16

Thanks Randomhappyguy. These links do give more info. Looks like I'll be waiting until December before they enable the cabinet for Infinity.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 16

@dmac9 wrote:

Thanks Randomhappyguy. These links do give more info. Looks like I'll be waiting until December before they enable the cabinet for Infinity.

I dont want to put a dampner on it, but dates are being put back every 3 months, december 2011 could be March 2012 and it can be brought forward by some months.

Just keep an eye out for the New Cabinet being put near the old cabinet. Then wait for the Power supply to go in, then the gubbins inside. Then its checked over(in our case by a contractor,) then passed back to BT.

Then they tend to wait till they have a few cabinets ready before they release them into service.

Sad I know, but I ended up going ouit every day to have a look to see if any more work was going on

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
DRawlingson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

similar sotry for me. Today is actually the activation date for our exchanage being fttc enabled according to sam knows and guess what the checker doesnt even recognise that we are having infinity in our area. funny that we have a bunch of new fttc cabs placed next to the old green ones 3 months ago and they have been all wired in.

can a mod look into this for me as i dont want to loose out on getting infinity because all the available connections in my local cab and been ordered up. thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

The checker could be wrong or one of the factors mentioned here might apply to your line http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/BT-Infinity-has-reached-my-area-but-the-line-checker-says-I-c.... Not all lines are included when an exchange is activated.

0 Ratings
RandomHappyGuy
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 16

@Infinitechris wrote:

The checker could be wrong or one of the factors mentioned here might apply to your line http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/BT-Infinity-has-reached-my-area-but-the-line-checker-says-I-c.... Not all lines are included when an exchange is activated.

Checker wrong? never. Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Option 3 with Fibre. (Quoted 10mbps/2mbps)
28th May 2011 -- 32.5mbps / 8.5mbps
Website checker is just so accurate! Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

I said "maybe" as I knew you would be along saying it is rubbish etc and was trying to save you the effort Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Icaras
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 16

The mods didn't seem remotely interested when I told them the checker is definitely wrong in my case. They just told me to wait for the checker to change.

It's wrong for my whole town. You can put any phone number in and it says no plans for Infinity.

0 Ratings
Icaras
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 16

Anyone? The whole town has new cabinets installed. Yet the checker says not available. The map gives a date of June.

0 Ratings