cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jamiegooch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity installation scheduled for today didn't go ahead- Leaving me without broadband

Hi
I was due to have bt infinity 2 installed today but the open reach engineer called me to say that due to a problem with my cabinet he would be unable to come and install bt infinity for me today. I have transferred from A sky phone line and broadband. The phone line has moved over to bt successfully and my broadband with sky has stopped working but obviously now I am left without a broadband connection because the engineer couldn't install infinity. He said he would "escalate the problem with the broadband team" and that somebody would contact me to arrange another installation date. So my question is who will it be that contact be- BT open reach or retail? How long could I be without a broadband connection? Should I contact BT? I'm not really sure what to do?!
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity installation scheduled for today didn't go ahead- Leaving me without broadband

You should contact BT 0800 800 150  and ask them what is to happen and make sure that they have arranged an engineer. Do not take anything for granted with BT. Check and re-check that your order is being progressed.

0 Ratings
jamiegooch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

The Nightmare Continues...

Just a quick update. I phoned BT they said that the engineer could not install infinity because the cabinet was not fully "commissioned". They organised for another engineer to go to the cabinet to finish "commissioning" the cabinet. I was then called on Monday to be told that these works had been completed successfully and that an engineer would be coming today (Wednesday) to install infinity. We waited in all the way through our time slot (1 - 6) and no body turned up!! We phoned BT to complain and they apologised and said that they would contact us in a few days time with an update- leaving me without an internet connection for even longer on my home line!! 10 minutes later an engineer called to say he was on his way to install infinity. He turned up 2 hours later ( he was a contractor) and said that he would be unable to install infinity as the cabinet is still not ready- he was trying to make out that the cabinet was not connected to fibre?!! He didn't seem to have a clue what he was talking about. I know that my cabinet is connected to fibre because I have been part of a fibre broadband trial in my area whereby openreach supplied fttc to my house down a separate line. This trial has now come to an end hence the reason I am trying to get FTTC on my own phone line. What should I do? I feel like I am going round in circles being told rubbish by incompetent contractor engineers!! All I want is an internet connection! Thanks in advance for any help.
0 Ratings
Choose_
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Re: The Nightmare Continues...

If I were you, I'd cancel, and go with someone else. 

Welcome to the customer service abyss.........

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi Jamiegooch

I can have this investigated for you.

Send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile. You can find it in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
jamiegooch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hi StuartH

I have emailed. Smiley Happy

Thanks
0 Ratings