cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davey85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Infinity installed now phone keeps beeping and/or ringing once

Got BT Infinity installed on Tuesday but since then my phone keeps beeping and/or ringing once numerous times during the day and even the night, has even woke me up a few times, this has never happened before having BT Infinity installed, any idea why could be causing this? Might it be related to Infinity trying to stabilise during the first 10 day period?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Infinity installed now phone keeps beeping and/or ringing once

There is nothing in the stablisation process that would cause the issue you describe.

0 Ratings
Davey85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Ok thanks any idea what it could be? I've ended up unplugging the phone line from the phone during the night to stop it hipping and waking me up.

0 Ratings
G4HLF
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

@Davey85 wrote:

Got BT Infinity installed on Tuesday but since then my phone keeps beeping and/or ringing once numerous times during the day and even the night, has even woke me up a few times, this has never happened before having BT Infinity installed, any idea why could be causing this? Might it be related to Infinity trying to stabilise during the first 10 day period?

I suspect there is a cabling problem possibly within your premisies, the phone should not be making any noise whatsoever even during the first 10 days 🙂

You incoming "pair" of wires ahould ideally terminate on the master socket/terminating unit and from here you would have two sockets, one for the telephone and one for the vdsl modem, I presume yours wiring might be a little more complicated?

Regards,

Paul

Davey85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I live in a block of flats, when BT Infinity was installed the engineer did say there was a fault with the line, was to complicated for him to sort out so will be getting another engineer to come out, what I find strange is that if the fault was always there with the line why has the phone started beeping and/or ringing once only since BT Infinity was installed and never happened when I had sky internet and talk.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

faults can develop on a line regardless of supplier or the service supplied the problem certainly looks like a line fault
0 Ratings
Shads63
Message 7 of 10

I am having exactly the same problem, phone keeps bleeping or ringing through the night waking up the whole household.

When i have answered it i get a high pitched shrill noise. This has been going on now for over 3 weeks and is driving us mad. Not a great advert for Bt as they still have not managed to fix the problem.

All i know is that this did not happen before i had infinity installed and now it does.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Its possible that its been installed incorrectly. See this page.

Has your Infinity Installation been wired correctly?

0 Ratings
Shads63
Message 9 of 10

Thanks for your quick response regarding this problem, hopefully there will be something in those links you posted that can help. It seems only to happen at night also, and rings about 5 times, but its like its not a full ring tone each time it rings.

0 Ratings
fable
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

try a filter on the phone

0 Ratings