Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KodieCollings
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT Infinity is totally worth it! *Sarcasm*

When I first started by BT Infinity contract i had 25mb/s download speeds with 7mb/s upload speeds. During my time i've had problems that have resulted in days without connection and many bad customer service and technical experience. And over the time my speeds just get slower and slower.

When my line was getting fixed last month the technician said and i quote, "You should have at least 30mbs download speed". Guess what..I now have less than 20mb/s and less than 6mb/s upload speed with a ping of 36 ms: http://www.speedtest.net/result/4732977763.png

And this is what BT speedtest says: Untitled.png

Also my PC is fine, the test was done off peak and the router is in a interference free zone etc. 

It's extremely unfair that i'm paying for a service that barely meets the Sale of goods act. Unfortunately Virgin and other Fibre Optic serves aren't available in my area. I can tell you as soon as they are though that it will be goodbye BT. That's if i don't simply downgrade to a normal connection with another company. 

P.S it saddens me to see so many other similar stories on here..

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Infinity is totally worth it! *Sarcasm*

you will see similar issues as this forum is for customers who are having problems with their service.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

post your stats from troubleshooting then helpdesk 1-12

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
KodieCollings
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Wow, no **bleep**. It saddens me to see "SO MANY" other similar stories. Some Guru you are..
0 Ratings
KodieCollings
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Untitled 2.png

0 Ratings
Mo1959
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

At least you have actually managed to get it.  I have been given excuse after excuse about problems at my exchange and am still waiting to have mine activated, even although I was getting pestered with emails and phone calls to say it was available and I was eligible to upgrade.

Had enough of BT and all their broken promises to be honest.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

@KodieCollings

just need router stats to compare against estimate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
KodieCollings
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

No problem. It's interesting to see the clean VS Impacted. I'm guessing companies always market the clean speeds and not the actual impacted speeds.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

you wouldn't get many sales if you quoted the impacted figures  however if your speed is lower than 'A' then you can get engineer visit to try and improve

0 Ratings
KodieCollings
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

true. And i done that and they just make a point of saying that it might cost me £120 if the "fault" is caused by myself.
0 Ratings