cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frustratedgirl
Contributor
Message 51 of 61

Re: BT Infinity issues again

To be honest I don't care if it is DNS based or not. I want it fixed. I want a stable decent connection for which I pay over the odds for. Is that too much to ask Ray in Dorest????
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 52 of 61

Well, mine's perfectly stable. I can't see why yours shouldn't be as well.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
frustratedgirl
Contributor
Message 53 of 61

Well mine isn't! Again, thanks for nothing. Why do you bother coming on here if you're just gonna be awkward towards others and offer no advice whatsoever and just be clever and sarcastic to everyone!? 'Oh mines ok so yours should be' What the hell is that supposed to mean? Mine is NOT stable as are other users connections, otherwise they wouldn't be here in the forum saying so!!! You think we just come here to moan for fun???
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 54 of 61

Can you post your line stats from the HH5 please? These are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254

Lines 1-13 will be enough

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
glenner40
Contributor
Message 55 of 61

I'm getting some sort of box sent to me from BT this week to plug into my setup to monitor the line over a week. Speeds still rubbish evening and weekends. Wife has had Iplayer on this afternoon in the background and in an 1hr 30m managed to get through a grand total of 20mins of the program she was watching because of constant buffering.
0 Ratings
glenner40
Contributor
Message 56 of 61

It's very small consolation but have been told that I can switch down to infinity 1 for the remainder of my contract if I wish without starting a new contract. Might as well pay £7 less for a useless service.
0 Ratings
greggoir
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 61

Hi All,

Im on the same Lydbrook exchange as Glenn, and am experiencing the same issues.  Awful speeds at peek times which today reached an all time low as it interupted the BT sport feed with message stating a problem with broadband speed was the issue!  Have contacted BT numerous times since upgrading in December to Infinity as a result fo our good friends at Fastershire.  Feel like i have been ripped off to pay for a service which is worse than the Broadband package i was on previously, at least that didnt seem to so unstable and fluctuate so much.  loosing the will to live speaking to CS again!!  Its not the line, its not my equipment, it must be the exchange is over subscribed as an engineer told me, they jsut wont invest in the infrustruture to keep up with demand, the more people who sign up the worse it gets!!! APologies for the rant but  I want out.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
greggoir
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 61

Could one of the mods have a look into my case too please?
0 Ratings
itaaronbailey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 61

Hi all - if you are in the Forest of Dean only and having the evening speed drop problem - can you add your details to my new thread at https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Forest-of-Dean-Evening-Speed-Drop/td-p/1442...

Please do not add if you are not in the Forest of Dean as I am trying to pull together some info to prove its a local area issue.

Thanks, Aaron

0 Ratings
glenner40
Contributor
Message 60 of 61

An update from me on my situation. The samknows box that was sent to me has been installed since Monday evening and BT already have enough evidence from the stats to confirm the evening congestion problems exists and are now contacting openreach for a response on how there going to get it resolved. Wil keep everyone informed.

0 Ratings