cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techno
Beginner
Message 61 of 712

Re: BT Infinity issues for the last few days

All the same issues for me in Manchester area.

I replaced my HH2 yesterday with a Netgear 900 to try and solve the problems but it's no different.

Youview virtually unusable. Problems with getting any internet on a number of wifi connected devices.,

Any, generally speaking speed tests are good, it's just generally unusable.

I could have free Sky Broadband but I choose to pay for the most expensive service because I just want it to work........ it doesn't.

I’m not phoning India to be told to do what I've already done and many other have too.

Just accept you’ve got a problem and fix it please.

0 Ratings
ascender
Contributor
Message 62 of 712

So no update or comment from BT yet? Am loathe to spend more time on the phone or chat with their support as its a waste of time but I'm paying for a service which I'm not getting. Really frustrating that we're unable to talk to someone who can deal with this and not blame it on end user equipment. I did send the url of this topic to the guy I spoke with but he said he couldn't log a fault and that it would be fine once I'd connected the new hub once it arrived. Although he was also calling me by a totally random name despite my correct one being listed in the chat window so maybe I didn't have his full attention....
0 Ratings
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 63 of 712

This is what trying to view these forums looks like to me ;

http://imgur.com/MSVLt31
0 Ratings
GreystoneRam
Beginner
Message 64 of 712

Having lots of problems myself too.

Infinity 2 in Sheffield (South Yorks). Thought initially it was a router (Home Hub 3) issue but tried everything under the sun and no change.

Issues manifest in the following ways...

- Unresponsive browser, pages taking forever to load then just timing out or loading without styles and scripts.

- XBOX One disconnections - this was AWFUL yesterday whilst trying to play Destiny, booted every 10-15 minutes - sometimes could reconnect instantly, other times was disconnected from Live too and took forever to sign back in.

As others have said this is not a DNS issue. Really poor service for what we're paying for. Going to have a live chat with support now - can't wait!!!

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 712

Hi everyone,

Sorrry for the problems you're all having.

I'm just popping on to this thread to let you know we're looking into this at the moment and we'll post back again when we have further info.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
psykix
Contributor
Message 66 of 712

Thanks Robbie - there's definitely an issue lurking in the bowels of the BT network somewhere! My money is on some sort of routing issue.

Fingers crossed it gets found soon!

MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 67 of 712

I'm glad to see it's been acknowledged by a mod. I'm feeling better about the situation. As it's rendered online gaming practically useless.
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Tloram
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 712

@RobbieMac Guys, well I don't know what you have done, but all of a sudden, my connection seems to be back to the way it was before Sunday. ie lightening fast, no dns issues, everything connecting fine. Great!

I did not change anything on my end (I didnt even reboot modem/router), so it is obviously something BT have literally just done from their side!

Can other people in this thread also check again and see what they find?

If it really IS fixed across the board for everyone else as well, it would be nice to get some feedback from BT as to what they changed, so in future if the same thing happens we can at least bring it up.

0 Ratings
Timmyboi
Beginner
Message 69 of 712

I've been having issues as well for the past 4-5 days. Sheffield S5 area.
0 Ratings
Spenty
Aspiring Expert
Message 70 of 712

Still the same issues here.

0 Ratings