cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dutchman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 331 of 712

Re: BT Infinity issues for the last few days

Still having intermittent problems here. I'm in essex, and have had dns issues over the last 10 days on and off. The last few days was fine, but this morning it seems to be appearing again, despite saying that the issue has been resolved.
0 Ratings
ianm1309
Contributor
Message 332 of 712

All's well with me too. Sky box on-demand up to speed again. Web has regained it's quick page loads.

But I'm staggered that this 'faulty hardware' was not spotted by BT's routine monitoring, especially as it was causing problems over such a widespread area, and over such a long period of time. 

Will continue to monitor...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Jimrob84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 333 of 712

It seems much better this morning in Manchester.

Sky box is loading the catch up content and I can sign in to the psn without being timed out. Hey it can even perform a connection test now. 

Fingers crossed that this lasts. 

Hope it's working out for everyone else.

0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 334 of 712

@ratty9000 wrote:

@19nbg71 wrote:

there has been a change somewhere,on testing dns servers this morning i got an unusual result that i had not been getting before...see pic

See https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-Infinity-issues-for-the-last-few-days/m-...

Already opted out of that,thats what puzzled me,seems it may be forced on?

0 Ratings
psykix
Contributor
Message 335 of 712

@dutchman wrote:
Still having intermittent problems here. I'm in essex, and have had dns issues over the last 10 days on and off. The last few days was fine, but this morning it seems to be appearing again, despite saying that the issue has been resolved.

This wasn't a DNS issue.

It seems that at some point the thread ended up with 2 different issues all merged into one.

If you do mean a DNS issue, then you can prove the point by changing the DNS servers on your device to, say, Google (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) - I don't think you can change it on the router if you are using a HH.

The routing issue is certainly solved for me and the browsing is great again, however I still have IPC6023 errors on my IPTV channels, which I am now surmising is a different issue!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 336 of 712

See this https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/IPC6023-Advanced-Diagnosis/td-p/1154880
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
mysterio75
Contributor
Message 337 of 712

I'm going to rigorously test this this afternoon. I have a sneaky feeling not everything is hunky dory yet. However, hope everyone continues to see i'provements.
0 Ratings
psykix
Contributor
Message 338 of 712

@ray_dorset wrote:
See this https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/IPC6023-Advanced-Diagnosis/td-p/1154880

Thanks, I'll give both tests a whirl once I can kick the kids off Steam, since that's connected using Ethernet and I'm not sure if multicast is supported over Wifi - certainly the VLC test doesn't work from this Macbook.

I renewed my BT contract for 18 months and the new period started on Monday 8th Dec. Now call me suspicious, but that's the same day I lost the IPTV channels 😛

0 Ratings
rlnc722
Message 339 of 712

I have been having similar issues in Sunderland since last Monday.

When it's on the infinity os very fast, but then would slow down and not connect. Obviously, I couldn't do a speed check at these times, because it wouldn't connect!

However, it does seem to be better today.

0 Ratings
Obiwanw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 340 of 712

Definite improvement.
0 Ratings