cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v1ni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 591 of 712

Re: BT Infinity issues for the last few days

Typically, it's been a lot better today. I can actually stream stuff...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Spenty
Aspiring Expert
Message 592 of 712

Thought mine was better to then in the last hour I've had 2 DNS errors resulting in disconnects.

0 Ratings
JonnyM
Beginner
Message 593 of 712

Just been through a painful web chat, pointed out this thread, explained how my symptoms were identical, so they're sending out a new Home Hub Smiley Frustrated

When this doesn't fix the problem no doubt the next step will be an engineers visit, because it seems that wasting time and money is preferable to admitting there is a fault and getting the network guys to do their jobs.

0 Ratings
v1ni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 594 of 712

Look on the bright side, you can ebay it and buy a crate of beer.

PS. I don't use BT DNS, so it's unlikely to be DNS related.

0 Ratings
sambarr
Contributor
Message 595 of 712

Hello,

BT are adament not to release me from my contract so I am going to take it up with ombudsman services. At the end of the day I will try what I can to get myself migrated elsewhere (it may work it may not).

Thanks

Sam

0 Ratings
JonnyM
Beginner
Message 596 of 712

I'm drowning in Home Hubs as it is - I'd much rather just have a working connection 😛
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 597 of 712

Mine seems to be better again today, last night was nothing but issues with trying to stream and get on websites.

Have any of the MODS had any replies from the BT team as to any issues that they found?

I like many others in this thread have had enough of this sort of issue, for me personally its not the issue that is the main cause of annoyance it is BT's lack of transparency that is the greatest issue.

0 Ratings
sambarr
Contributor
Message 598 of 712

Hello,

I have been in touch with executive level technical support in Newcastle and I have asked multiple times about the technical details of what went wrong and I've had multiple replies back, all skiping the answer to that question.

Thanks

Sam

0 Ratings
EvilShubunkin
Contributor
Message 599 of 712

Youtube stuttering problems this evening - not had this until now.  Had some slowness this afternoon, but nowhere near as bad as previous times.  Definitely seems to be peak periods where most noticeable, and as many people across the country are experiencing this should rule out exchange congestion.

Migration date is 30th December, so assuming all goes OK should see the back of this.  Be interesting to see if my folks have similar problems on ADSL over Xmas when with them.

blinkinlight
Contributor
Message 600 of 712

Yer it all bottomed out for me earlier today - about 6.30pm

DEAR MODS / SENIOR STAFF and GURUs

CAN WE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PAYING 'PREMIUM' RATES FOR THE FASTEST OF SERVICES THE GENERAL PUBLIC CAN EXPECT FROM ONE OF OUR TOP TELECOMS COMPANIES PLEASE GET AN EXPLANATION OF WHAT IS GOING ON - Thank You.

If of course, you are unable to leverage/solicit a response from BT, will you also let us know that! (you don't have to be gagged you know).

@ the contract cancellers :

I have also been denied 'leave of contract' thru support/contract-billing (phone lines) - so forget talking to them or emailing them folks they are all working to scripts and even supervisors and senior staff are as clueless - I'm still waiting a response to my letter of complaint (tho i doubt in the festive period I can expect a reply real soon). In these circumstances the best 'PROMT' a company gets is when its not been paid.

I have cancelled my Direct Debit and will await a call from BT trying to re-engage my custom/solicit payment for an impaired service..

However I am in a fortunate position of having two lines - and the other one goes live just after xmas for broadband so I have nuthin' to loose and can get 'release' on the BT line in due course.

PLEASE LET US ALL REMEMBER THAT THE UK GOVt. WANT TO MOVE ALL YOUR TAX/BENEFITS/HOSPITAL/DOCTORS services onto an Internet ONLY BASIS!!!

WE SHOULD BE GETTING UTILITY STANDARD RESPONSES NOT OBSUFICATION and LIES

This problem is ONGOING!!

AGAIN!!!

Sorry for the CAPs but this is the longest support thread in virtually any 'service' I've ever seen and it appears no-one in support has even been informed of these issues and the company has yet to respond in an intelligent and appropriate manner...

nuff siad