Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 701 of 712

Re: BT Infinity issues for the last few days

@Dan_N wrote:
Coming from forums where contributors normally complain if new threads are started where one already exists for the same topic, I tried to find an appropriate thread based on mainly the title. I did read some of it but certainly not all 70 pages.

If it is found that you have the same problem and it can be assisted by being on the same thread it can always be moved to that thread, where as in a thread that is getting as long and as confused as this one appears to be your post, if it is a different problem can be lost. 

You will not get complained about for starting a new thread, although you may be advised of similar threads that you might want to read.

EDIT: I should add I was not having a go at you or picking on your post. It was a general observation of this thread.

0 Ratings
oldestgregg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 702 of 712

I had my phone call from exec complaints and as expected.....theres no problems with your connection. The answer to everything was that my speeds are fine even though that was never the issue as its always DNS,buffering and webpage time outs. At this point either exec complaints are in the dark,dont know what the problem can be or DO know and just plain refuse to deal with it.

estonianboyuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 703 of 712

I appreciate that from time to time there can be local issues which can affect one's internet experience, but never could I have imagined that apparently network wide issues could go on for over a month! I have had a similar experience to others posting on this thread; the Internet has stuttered with page time outs, breaks in streaming video and the like for over a month now. The problem is at it's worst at peak usage time. Changing DNS servers seems to make little difference. Until recently, throughput speeds were unaffected, but these too have slowed in peak usage time now. The HH5 hasn't disconnected once or lost any synch speed within this time (except for once when I had to hard reset it for a separate issue).

The whole point of moving from my previous smaller and cheaper ADSL ISP, was that I assumed that an ISP of the size of BT's would have some core network resilience which was sometimes lacking with the previous ISP. How mistaken I was!
The_Adams_Family
Contributor
Message 704 of 712

I received a call from Stuart a moderator today. The mods are working on the issue, but we need to get ourselves a bit more organised, to help the Mods present a case of the error.

Stuart was also very interested in the fact that I can use my internet through www.BTopenzone.com using my BT email and password to log on through wifi but google and most other websites time out when directly connected to my router either hardwired or wifi.

It would be useful if we could start a list of area codes affected and the users by this to try and identify the locales effected:

Please copy and paste this list with each post and add to it if you've not already.

01278 Bridgwater Somerset - The_Adams_Family (and at least four neighbours within 1 mile) - Erzin (on this forum within 2 miles of me)

Burnedrope
Contributor
Message 705 of 712

I have had very few issues lately but one constant is that I can't reliably stream BBC content. Constant juddering or buffering via iplayer on browser, phone or tablet 😞 Directly via site or through an app.

I don't get the same issue via the 4g connection when tethering on my phone.

discom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 706 of 712

Hi,, Still no improvement, just done a speed test and I got 5.81mbps and 10.74 up! Connected at 60!  Why did I sign up for 18 months of this **bleep**.. My old adsl with a different company gave me much better performance.  I wanted to be able to stream at the same time as my lad without buffering!  I think I had 2 weeks of the promised performance! Giving me good speed in the morning when I'm at work isn't good enough.  Who would I complain to, to see about getting my contract cancelled! moan over for today!  

Highlighted
Pete_1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 707 of 712

We are in Norwich, and over Christmas noticed massive problems with our Infinity 2 connection.  We were connected at 80Mbps for ages with no difficulties.  Things started going slow, webpages took longer to load, and video juddered, froze and dropped.  Ping times went way up (I have seen 350ms to ping bbc.co.uk).  Our connection has now dropped to 63 Mbps.  The cabinet is around the corner, about 20 metres away.

Tracing route to bbc.co.uk [212.58.246.103]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     3 ms     1 ms     1 ms bthub.home [192.168.1.254]

2    *       *       *     Request timed out.

3     *       *       *     Request timed out.

4   20 ms   311 ms   305 ms 213.120.158.157

5   24 ms   326 ms   305 ms 212.140.235.202

6   188 ms   305 ms   304 ms 217.41.169.197

7   311 ms   159 ms   27 ms 217.41.169.109

8   147 ms   305 ms   25 ms acc2-xe-5-1-2.sf.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.251.24

3]

9   34 ms   34 ms   35 ms core1-te-0-13-0-11.ealing.ukcore.bt.net [109.159

.251.165]

10   302 ms   306 ms   249 ms peer2-xe3-0-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.2

54.223]

11   168 ms   35 ms   34 ms 194.74.65.42

12     *       *       *     Request timed out.

13   34 ms   35 ms   335 ms ae0.er02.cwwtf.bbc.co.uk [132.185.254.90]

14   232 ms   283 ms   328 ms 132.185.255.165

15   49 ms   131 ms   38 ms fmt-vip132.cwwtf.bbc.co.uk [212.58.246.103]

0 Ratings
The_Adams_Family
Contributor
Message 708 of 712

@Mods

Further to request for more people in the local area with the same issues, see post from mrkemp1214 in the thread below.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/half-the-internet-unavailable-i-e-google-no-half...

It would be useful if we could start a list of area codes affected and the users by this to try and identify the locales effected:

Please copy and paste this list with each post and add to it if you've not already.

01278 Bridgwater Somerset - The_Adams_Family (and at least four neighbours within 1 mile) - Erzin (on this forum within 2 miles of me) - mrkemp1214 (within half a mile of me)

blinkinlight
Contributor
Message 709 of 712

I have suggested a forum redesign that would help topics stay a bit more organised.

Suggestion here :

https://community.bt.com/t5/Forum-Guidance-Ideas/Forum-Redesign-would-Help-Users/td-p/1430581

vwlowen
Contributor
Message 710 of 712

I've returned to this thread after a few weeks because I, too, have started to notice the slow look-ups again. 

I can't help feeling that the theory about packet inspection kit not being able to cope with demand is spot on.  The issue was "resolved" in December by simply routing traffic away from the kit.  I have a sneaking suspicion that BT are gradually moving traffic back onto the kit and are waiting until people start complaining again.

0 Ratings