cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
razinyorks
Message 51 of 712

Re: BT Infinity issues for the last few days

Just want to add my voice on this too - same problem here in West Yorkshire for the last few days. As others have said only seems to be web traffic effected. Some kind of packet filtering going wrong perhaps?

0 Ratings
leigh_73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 712

Same issue here in Surrey, started monday lunchtime. Spent 30 minutes on the phone to BT's international call centre last night going through various tests (which i had already done myself) effectively my download / upload speeds are fine, ping is high (25-35ms) and most web pages are incredibly slow to load. BTs solution was to send an engineer to my house which i would potentially be charged for. I told them not to bother as it wasnt a local issue, more national and pointed them to this thread. Not that it will help.

Also my BT TV youview service wont play on demand services either now with this issue

Ironically i couldnt log into here at home to post my problem.
0 Ratings
psykix
Contributor
Message 53 of 712

Just to add my +1 to this.

Traceroute fails at 2nd and 3rd hops - there appears to be some sort of routing issue in the BT network.

I'm currently on to BT but as others have said they are reluctant to investigate due to me using an Asus router!

I've also lost my Youview extra channels with an IPC6023 error.

0 Ratings
jezthomp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 712

Is this happening to all BT cusomers or just random ones?

What have they done, all i get is speed and ping okay so they cannot do anything.

Its a shambles!

0 Ratings
psykix
Contributor
Message 55 of 712

Just to add.. speedtest is fine. Also BT Sport via the iPad app works fine, but not on the Youview boxes.

Most odd..

I've also referred them to this thread.

0 Ratings
leigh_73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 712

Had the same response jexthomp, speedtest and ping are within acceptable limits so its not our problem. sorry, monitor it for a few days and it should be fine

0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 57 of 712

I am also having problems in Yorkshire

Speedtest shows speeds fine (this is over a wireless connection) http://www.speedtest.net/result/3976430379.png

PS3 unusable, getting signed in and out of the PSN, cant download updates, can't use Netflix.

PS4 unusable, getting signed in and out of the PSN, cant download updates, can't use Netflix.

Many sites really slow to load or don't load until a refresh.

Rebooted my HH5a a number of times, reset Homeplugs, changed PS3 and PS4 to wireless then back to wired, checked ports, DMZ etc. used different Ethernet cables, tried my old fibre modem and HH3.

Its not me BT, it's you Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 58 of 712

@Stuartd wrote:
... I have tried everything under the sun to try and fix this issue.

Try using a VPN and see if it still occurs Smiley Wink

There are a number of free ones you can try to test.

Also make a note of a well known servers IP address when it works e.g. ping www.bbc.co.uk

Use this in IP in a browser rather than the name.

I know it won't solve your issue but it will highlight where the issue is.

0 Ratings
psykix
Contributor
Message 59 of 712

@anthonyUK wrote:

@Stuartd wrote:
... I have tried everything under the sun to try and fix this issue.

Try using a VPN and see if it still occurs Smiley Wink

There are a number of free ones you can try to test.

Also make a note of a well known servers IP address when it works e.g. ping www.bbc.co.uk

Use this in IP in a browser rather than the name.

I know it won't solve your issue but it will highlight where the issue is.

It doesn't appear to be a DNS issue, so using the IP address doesn't make any difference - at least not from what I'm experiencing.

0 Ratings
EvilShubunkin
Contributor
Message 60 of 712

Getting similar problems - Netflix gave an error on first attempt today, then did load up after a longer than usual wait.  This is on a Sony TV but once logged in streaming was OK.

Replying to a post on another forum, clicking on Reply caused a "Page cannot be displayed" error briefly before slowly loading the page.  10 - 15 seconds slowly when normally it would be instant.

Happening for a couple of days now, did think something was up when CoD (on PC) wasn't connecting two times out of three.

0 Ratings