Message 71 of 712

Re: BT Infinity issues for the last few days

No change here.

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 72 of 712

Online gaming is still useless here. I wished the magic fixed my connection lol.
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
jezthomp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 73 of 712

Thanks moderators for acknolweding this thread exists.

Problem is BT keep insisting on nothing is wrong.

They check the line, fine.

They check the download speed, fine.

They check the ping, fine.

However, many times they keep saying it something is still wrong, web pages are either not loading or really slow or load fast and normal.

They've definatly done something and need to fix it, or i'm off.

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 74 of 712

I still insist and anyone with a home hub to check their event logs as mine is full of closed, blocked and invalid packets. All just from my PS3's ip address. I'm not surprised it's the most affected device on my network still.
0 Ratings
dtb200
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 712

I have been having the same issues for the past few days. On Infinity Unlimited - getting 2Mbps download and 4Mbps upload...

@BTcare answering my tweets but today's suggestion from them is that it may be a neighbour's Christmas lights....(which, for completeness are off).

Are they deliberately not acknowledging the issues everyone is reporting on this and other fora or do they just not have a clue?
0 Ratings
gaz0r
Contributor
Message 76 of 712

mine is still the same its really annoying me!

Is it even worth ringing them or am I going to get someone go on for ages that there is nothing wrong and get me to check cables and stuff because I can't be arsed with that!

Come on BT obviously a MASSIVE issue get this sorted!

0 Ratings
Tloram
Aspiring Contributor
Message 77 of 712

Well, my connection is still working perfectly after magically getting fixed over an hour ago...

All I can think is: I have been pestering BT constantly ALL week (at least once a day) via their online chat system, so maybe finally sombody actually looked into the connection between my house and the local exchange and actually found and fixed the problem? Stranger things have happend. I still have a "Level 2" technical call due from BT tomorrow lunhctime, so it will be interesting to see what they say they have done to fix the problem.

So to sum up:

- had zero internet all week (well, effectively zero, websites timed out 95% of time, when they did load all the image were broken etc. Very occasionally a page would load properly. Constant disconnects from iTunes, PSN, Steam. Traceroute showed random hangs at varying hops between me and destination etc) from Sunday untill just now (so basically 4 days of no connection)

- pestered BT all week
 - call due tomorrow from their tech guy

- all of a sudden today, connection magically is fixed

- coincidentally it was fixed directly after Robbie posted in this thread:

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-Infinity-issues-for-the-last-few-days/m-...

that BT are looking into the issues we are all having...

Oh well, I hope you guys get your connection issues magically resolved like I have. It might be worth doing what I did, and just keep contacting them untill apparently, they get annoyed enough to look into and fix it...

0 Ratings
Spenty
Aspiring Expert
Message 78 of 712

Pestering them won't have done anything, their online chat support is useless.

You're either having a lucky spell, they've fixed it in your area or your area is where they're testing a fix.

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 79 of 712

A mod did post earlier they are currently looking into this. I would assume they have no clue what's happened.
If it's the case of neighbours Christmas lights then everyone's neighbours Christmas lights must be deep in BT's network affecting all of us. Maybe on the 9th of December when I noticed issues with my PS3 my neighbours Christmas lights came on too.
0 Ratings
Spenty
Aspiring Expert
Message 80 of 712

If I recall correctly there were similar issues around this time last year when they were blaming christmas lights. Although the issues were exactly the same during the day with no lights on Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings