Watching Netflix last night & the quality kept dropping in & out. This morning i rebooted my HH5 via the button on the top.
My DL speed via BT Wholesale Test was 0.61 Mbps
IP Profile setat 62.05 Mbps (40-62.05 acceptable it says)
How can i resolve this issue , as I normally don't have any issues
Cheers for any help
post stats from your hh5 troubleshooting then helpdesk
run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post result must be done with wired connection
It is a wired connection to the BT Mini YouView box.
One problem with testing with a wired connection is i use an Acer Chromebook which doesnt have an etherport so would have to get an adaptor or something
Yes, wireless is prone to so much intereference that wired is the best (and only recognised way of testing here) method.
Ok, Thanks so much for the quick reponses.
TBH it seems to have gone back to normal on all tests i have tried (60+Mbps)
I will look into getting an adapter for future use
********* Still having issues....spoke too soon
Just rebooted the router
1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076284+1525011476
3. Firmware version: v0.07.07.03230-BT (Type B) Last updated 14/6/2018
4. Board version: 01
5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 00:07:24
6. Data Rate: 20000 / 66999
7. Maximum Data Rate: 25249 / 92788
8. Noise Margin: 9.5 / 13.0
9. Line Attenuation: 6.5 / 7.9
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 2.7 MB / 126.1 MB
12. Broadband username: email@example.com
13. BT Wi-fi: Yes
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-2H3C
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-2H3C-5GHz
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 5c:dc:96:7a:c9:6e
24. Software variant: -
25. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Tue Jun 17 18:52:56 2014)
router dropped conenction or manual reset?
check for line noise dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone
It was a manual reset I did.
There seems to be a bit of noise on the line, not totally silent (Panasonic Cordless)
corded is better but cordless often a dull hum is normal anything else is a problem and needs reported to 151 as a phone fault not broadband