cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Infinity just dropped speed

Well, it appears that your downstream rate is banded at 67 Mb due to all the disconnections. Your line is capable of a downstream rate of 80 Mb at a SNRM of 6 dB. So, if there's no noise on the line, you need to request a DLM reset, which I'm sure a mod will be able to approve.

0 Ratings
Chromedome73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Thanks, how would I request that or will they pick up on this thread ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

The normal course of action will be that if your line has stabilised and there are no disconnects DLM will gradually raise your speed. 

Moderators will normally only become involved if after a few weeks DLM has not done its job and in that case it could be indicative of a fault on the line.

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 19

Hopefully, they will pick it up.
0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 19

Hmm, partly true. It has been found that many banded lines that previously had a fault, have not become unbanded as a result of the fix, so they had to have a DLM reset on purpose.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

Hmm, partly true. It has been found that many banded lines that had previously had a fault have become unbanded as a result of DLM doing its job.

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 19

True, I never said that DLM hasn't done its job at removing banding on every banded line!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 19

@Techwizz wrote:

True, I never said that DLM hasn't done its job at removing banding on every banded line!

I never said you did!

I was pointing out that DLM would normally be left to do its job and that the moderators would not necessarily become involved at this stage where as you suggested that they might.

Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 19

Well, sorry my bad.
0 Ratings