cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonsyd
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

BT Infinity managed 27 days (wow)

I was delighted to upgrade to BT Infinity on 10 February. I am not so delighted that it would not connect, this morning. Having established there was no more global local fault, I have wasted a morning out of work, to establish via a lot of time in a phone queue and a test to verify that it isn't working and an engineer visit is required. The next slot is 8 til 1 tomorrow so I have no broadband today/this evening (cost 1/31 of £20 for nothing), Amazon Fire stick won't work, I have to be at a very important meeting tomorrow, so my wife will have to wait around for the engineer, which means she cannot go and see her 94 year old infirm Mother, on her brithday. Is it unreasonable to expect more prompt and effective actions or an engineer sooner, or an actual appointment time? A life of just 27 days is also unacceptable. The glib, cavalier attitude of service providors, who get paid top £ for a less than top quality service, linked to the sheer difficulty of speaking to a human being with any authority of ability to act is what is the most annoying and frustrating. BT, you take my money, now provide the service!

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: BT Infinity managed 27 days (wow)

if you only phoned about you loss of connection this morning and you have an openreach engineer visit booked for tomorrow then that is good service as average time is 3 working days after the day reported  of course that is assuming the engineer turns up - there are many horror stories about engineers not turning up

if you want a better service then you need a business connection with a better service level agreement - at more cost

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 21

Faults happen. It could happen the day after service went live, or 500 days after it went live. The fact you have an engineer visit the next day is impressive. If your connection is THAT important to you that you expect it to be resolved the same day, then you need to consider a business package that comes with an enhanced service level agreement. Of course, you will pay a premium for this. Hopefully the engineer will arrive early and resolve the fault promptly so that your wife can go and run her errands.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

It is Openreach who are doing the work not BT Retail your ISP and to get next day is well above average response time of 3 working days
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

Next day engineer appointment is very good. I doubt you would get any other non-emergency utility to get to you quicker than that.

The Terms and Conditions that you no doubt read when you signed up state:-

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/terms/broadband.html

Our responsibility to you

1. If you suffer a continuous total loss of the service at any time after we have provided it and you report it to us, we promise to put things right by midnight on the third weekday (not public and bank holidays) after you have reported the fault to us unless a specific appointment date is agreed. We will treat a fault reported after 9pm on a weekday, or anytime at weekends or on a public or bank holiday, as if you reported the fault at 8am on the next weekday after the day you reported the fault to us.

Hopefully the engineer will turn up at 8am or at worst sometime between 8am and 1pm and your wife will have the remainder of the day to visit her mother and celebrate her bithday or is it her mother's birthday. It is not very clear in your post. In any event please wish who ever's birthday it is many happy returns from us all on the forum.

0 Ratings
simonsyd
Beginner
Message 6 of 21

I am well aware of BT "service" standard - which is a minimum aspiration and can and should be bettered. I also accept things go wrong. The mark of quality is how that situation is then handled and, time and time again, BT fail epically, in my direct experience. In my own work face my clients and do not hide behind off shore call centres. I pressurise myself, to address things which go wrong (often thorugh no fault of mine or my staff). If my daughters don't act promptly or they screw up, people actaully die. I therefore have high standards and exepct this in my supply chain. I pay £20 + £16.99 per month and expect a much better response, more informnation, transparency and basic honesty. I really don't care about shareholder returns and director bonuses - that's their risk

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

Was the fault fixed by the engineer?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 21

Did you expect the engineer to turn up before you reported the fault otherwise I fail to see what you are ranting about!

simonsyd
Beginner
Message 9 of 21

Fail to see how that is in anyway a helpful comment. In fact, it is patronising (as was your first post). The rant is I pay for a service, which I expect to work and, if it does not, effective and timely resolution. We all have choices - as BT will find, when I can actually get out of my contract and others should be aware, before committing, that BT's service is not the best and so can make an informed decision
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

You pay a minimal amount for a service and yet you expect an Openreach engineer to be available at your beck and call 24/7. Unbelievable.