Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: BT Infinity managed 27 days (wow)

@simonsyd wrote:
Fail to see how that is in anyway a helpful comment. In fact, it is patronising (as was your first post). The rant is I pay for a service, which I expect to work and, if it does not, effective and timely resolution. We all have choices - as BT will find, when I can actually get out of my contract and others should be aware, before committing, that BT's service is not the best and so can make an informed decision

It wasn't meant to be helpful. I was pointing out that you were ranting. As a businessman I am sure you must have read the terms and conditions of the contract you entered into and as such you would be well aware that is the Service Level Agreement you signed up  to. If you wanted a higher level of service you should have paid for a business Service Level Agreement.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 21

Is 24 hours not quick enough? If you require a higher level of service/shorter response time than that, you need to look into a business broadband connection. Of course you'll pay more for it. You've done very well to have the service restored in such a short space of time. All ISP's are subject to faults within the Openreach network. All ISP's are also subject to the same availability of engineers in your area. Nothing to do with the repair would have been any different with any other ISP.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
simonsyd
Beginner
Message 13 of 21

£16.99 plus £20 plus £5.65per month is minimal??!!

Basic customer service used to suggest that the customer is always right. However, it now appears the colour of your wallet dictares what is right (or wrong). So therefore, the reply to my previous comment, suggesting I do not pay a lot implies that BT should discriminate against those who don't want a full package of sport, films or who do not have all day to post comments on this forum.

For those of us, who work and pay taxes, we do not have time to endlessly chase an organisation, whose various departments are demonstrably disconnected. Evidence: broadband went out 07/03/2016 partially fixed 08/03/2016 phone line went out 09/03/2016 phone line back 12/03/2016 broadband went out at the same time. Indicated resolution; variously 14/03/2016 to 17/03/2016. OfCom requirement; lines faults to be resolved in 2 days. Result; FAIL

Referring back to at least two respondents, it would appear they have an inordinate amount of time to spend on this forum, therefore either they work for BT (which would explain long on hold times and an inability to speak to customer relations) or are certainly not working the number of hours, which I (and I am sure the average BT customer) have to work.

Having said all this, my wife has just spoken to a lady in one of BT's (UK) call centres, who demonstrated (at least for now) what true customer service actually is.

The proof will be in the effectiveness of the eventual resolution.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 21

The OFCOM requirement does not come into place until April 2016 and then only applies to around 80% of faults
also some faults will always take longer to resolve due to their complexity
Apart from the Forum Moderators everyone on the forum are BT customers just like you and I know for a fact many of them myself included either do work and are paying taxes or have now retired after working all their lives and paying taxes I personally take your comments as bad taste as those posting here do so giving their own time freely to offer help to others
SPYCATCHER
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Thought my Infinity was slowing down so rang BT..spoke to someone in India who was very polite and understood my problem. He arranged for an Engineer visit which took place at the agreed time and date a few days later. Checked all my internals and Computer and found no fault........he then said he had to go and check the Cabinet....off he went...Wife came in a few minutes later and told me of a BT Engineer down a "manhole" at the end of the Road. About and hour later the Engineer returned and again tested my connection...it had improved from 13 Mbps to 29Mbps. He told me that whover had made the connections to my House had not done a very good job and that he had remade all the connections again properly. Since that day I have always got about 28Mbps on a Wireless connection. This occurred about a year ago.

I cannot fault that for Service. There are the good and the bad, I got a good one.

Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 21

Good result Spycatcher
DJT205
Contributor
Message 17 of 21

simonsyd:

Your expectations are unrealistic and I'm a stickler for good service. I hope your issue gets sorted. Many people are in a much worse situation.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 21

@simonsyd wrote:

For those of us, who work and pay taxes, we do not have time to endlessly chase an organisation, whose various departments are demonstrably disconnected.

Referring back to at least two respondents, it would appear they have an inordinate amount of time to spend on this forum, therefore either they work for BT (which would explain long on hold times and an inability to speak to customer relations) or are certainly not working the number of hours, which I (and I am sure the average BT customer) have to work.

I do not and have never worked for BT, how could I. I don't have time to do any work or pay taxes because of the amount of time I spend on this forum and when I'm not doing that I have to go down to the Department of Social Security to collect my free money that the Government take from the tax payers who work a large number of hours. It is truly a fantastic system. You should try it.

You should also try not to make assumptions about people you know absolutely nothing about. It is the sign of a small, closed mind!

DJT205
Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Well that's not good enough! I want my fibre installed right now Goddammit! There should be people available at 11PM who can do it!

The customer is always right!!!!1

😉

Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 21

Some of us may have worked all of our lives, paid our taxes and now have enough time to try and help those who deserve it. Some of us may be trolls. Some of us may just be BT employees. Some of us may be called Tom, or Jerry, or Jack. Who knows?

I love assumptions, they're my favourite. They're so full of excitment and mystery.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’