Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sean81
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT Infinity not getting speeds advertised

Thank you for your reply,

My issue is simple I asked for fibre chose an av 24mbs package but was told I could go faster and the fibre plus package would suit me better. This was lies in my opinion as a simple test would have told the salesman I could only achieve an average of the low 20s in mbs terms so he bumped me from potentially paying £30 a month to £54 a month a hefty increase  of £432 over the life of the contract plus the dreaded VAT.  Yes we live at the end of the exchange in fact our house is the last property and 17mbs is worlds away from 4mbs but why lie and tell me I could get an av of 50mbs now even as a mere peasant I understood that I wouldnt be gorging on 50mbs but why would I want to pay £54 for something I could get for £30 as for Virgin I did enquire once but was laughed of the phone the nearest cable to me is 1500 metres away    

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

@sean81 wrote:

Thank you Sir,

Rang the number and spoke to someone who knew his onions he tested everything and informed that the av speed we are getting is 17mbs. He sais as a point of proceedure we have to have another engineer but is confident that things will not improve however once this engineer has been they can escalate a case to have my package downgraded as I will never achieve the av speeds that superfast fibre plus states of 67mbs

if you still make no progress assuming you get engineer visit then post back and we can see if forum mods can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Hi @sean81,

Please post back and let us know how things go with the engineer. If needed we'll be more than happy to take a look at the details of your complaint.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
sean81
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Hello,

Just an update for you Openreach engineer has attended this morning and renewed our internal faceplate / socket to the latest model, however he states that 18mbs is the maximum we will ever achieve due to being 1970 metres from the cabinet and over 2 miles from the Exchange. He is submitting his findings to BT and questioning why we were sold the highest package up to 67mbs when the information would have been available to BT that we could never achieve anywhere near those speeds. He tested the line and it was a steady 18mbs and has been ever since we were switched on back on 3rd October. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

the speed you currently have is well with the estimated range from the dslchecker - you need to downgrade

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings