Thank you for your reply,
My issue is simple I asked for fibre chose an av 24mbs package but was told I could go faster and the fibre plus package would suit me better. This was lies in my opinion as a simple test would have told the salesman I could only achieve an average of the low 20s in mbs terms so he bumped me from potentially paying £30 a month to £54 a month a hefty increase of £432 over the life of the contract plus the dreaded VAT. Yes we live at the end of the exchange in fact our house is the last property and 17mbs is worlds away from 4mbs but why lie and tell me I could get an av of 50mbs now even as a mere peasant I understood that I wouldnt be gorging on 50mbs but why would I want to pay £54 for something I could get for £30 as for Virgin I did enquire once but was laughed of the phone the nearest cable to me is 1500 metres away
Thank you Sir,
Rang the number and spoke to someone who knew his onions he tested everything and informed that the av speed we are getting is 17mbs. He sais as a point of proceedure we have to have another engineer but is confident that things will not improve however once this engineer has been they can escalate a case to have my package downgraded as I will never achieve the av speeds that superfast fibre plus states of 67mbs
if you still make no progress assuming you get engineer visit then post back and we can see if forum mods can help you
Just an update for you Openreach engineer has attended this morning and renewed our internal faceplate / socket to the latest model, however he states that 18mbs is the maximum we will ever achieve due to being 1970 metres from the cabinet and over 2 miles from the Exchange. He is submitting his findings to BT and questioning why we were sold the highest package up to 67mbs when the information would have been available to BT that we could never achieve anywhere near those speeds. He tested the line and it was a steady 18mbs and has been ever since we were switched on back on 3rd October.
the speed you currently have is well with the estimated range from the dslchecker - you need to downgrade