cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrenhurst
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity order keeps getting cancelled

Hi, i'm new to the community but trying to get my recent issue resolved is becoming really difficult so hoping somebody can help. 

Without going into full details, had infinity 1 activated on 20th may and was working fine for a month then went of a few weeks ago. Spoke with helpline and engineer came out and without looking said that i'd been transferred back over to copper and was no longer on fibre. a report was done and an order was placed to put me back over by the 4th july. i received a couple of text messages following my chasing up to say somebody would be calling most of last week and they never did. I rang up last Tuesday to chase progress and was told that there was a problem with the order and it would have to be cancelled and re-ordered due to a mix up within BT. Again, no reasoning but told it would be escalated and fast tracked. I chased up again on Thursday and was told everything was on track. Rang up n Monday to see if it had been escalated only to be told after asking why they couldn't chase up my order with engineers that the order would need ot be cancelled and re-ordered again as openreach could not accept the order. No explanation.

Noticed order had been cancelled and re-ordered so thought i would chase up again today as the date has now moved to the 11th july and despite a very helpful person doing some digging into my account, was told again that openreach couldn't accept order and the whole process would have to be repeated and they will ask a case officer to call back tomorrow. 

I cant understand why this keeps happening and as i explained why do you have to cancel. there must be a reason why it wont be accepted but i'm been told they can only keep cancelled it and re-ordering.

I asked to speak with somebody at a higher level but was told nothing can be done until 24hrs after the order has been placed. 

Can anybody help or tell me who else to contact as i'm on a merry go round and have been without broadband at home for over a fortnight!

thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity order keeps getting cancelled

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @darrenhurst,

This is something that we can look into for you. I'd rather we took over it to make sure you get what you want. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
darrenhurst
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

thank you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
darrenhurst
Beginner