cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

BT Infinity ordered but no service

My switch date from BT was on the 9th of June. The date came and I received a message from BT that my service is now ready so I disconnect from the plusnet service and connect to the BT at which point I have no internet service. My smart hub shows a solid blue light which means there's no issues and the troubleshooting tool and from speaking to support say there's no issues either. However when I connect on my phone I get redirected to a BT wholesale page which states

SERVICE INFORMATION
You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your internet browser and internet applications before attempting to reconnect. This may clear the issue immediately, if not then please select the appropriate action from list below.
Your service provider is currently unable to accept your connection request, please wait and reattempt later or contact your service provider for more information.
Or
You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain, check your user details.
Or
You are testing your connection using bt_test_user@startup_domain. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider
Or
You are testing your connection to your service provider using bt_test_user@domain. where "domain" is your Service Provider domain name. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider.
Or
The access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down. Your service should be resumed soon. Please try again later or contact your Service Provider

Page maintained by BTWholesale

Support told me that it's a wholesale authentication issue and they should give me an update in 24 hours. 24 hours had gone and not update. Also when I track the fault on the website it says there's currently no faults on this account.

Was go point someone here could help.
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Infinity ordered but no service

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 14

Hi @zahour

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having using your broadband.  The community isn't going to be able to help with this so we will pick this up and give you a hand from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Thanks for your help guys. Should I mark the thread as solved?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

@zahour wrote:
Thanks for your help guys. Should I mark the thread as solved?

Not until the problem has been resolved.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Have you moved from another supplier or is it your first "fibre" connection?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

I was on plusnet fibre also so fibre to fibre.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

when you move providers on fibre it is a cease and provide it could be BT Wholesale have not rebuilt the connection it is not as simple as it was with standard copper broadband
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Either the routingis wrong so your connection is to the wrong part of the radius server, or, it hasn't been built properly. Shoun't be a difficult fix.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Try reconnecting your old plusnet router if you still have it, might work if they've not done the transfer properly.
0 Ratings