Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattOfSurrey
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

BT Infinity package speed going down

Hi All,

We found an offer on BT to upgrade from standard Broadband to a BT Infinity package with average speeds of 36Mb per second at a great price for 18Months. Well we jumped at it and sure enough when we connected we were getting downloads of 30Mb+ which was consistent and superb. About a month later it was disconnected (Orange flashing). So we put in a call and soon we had a engineer calling. He explained that whoever wired it up had put two wires into one (whatever that meant) and so changed it. The speed dropped to 18Mbs - 20Mbs. Then we had a issue where it dropped to 10Mbs. Well this was totally unacceptable though the online checks it said there was no fault found. I chased the call and was assigned a visit by an engineer. This never happened as they found a fault and the speed went back up to 18Mbs. This is now constant. My point is that I was signed up for 36Mbs (Average) and I'm now getting 18Mbs and the call is closed. Is it possible that I may get up to 54Mbs at any point or do I now have to accept a near half speed drop from my original speed from now on?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT Infinity package speed going down

as you say the 36mb is an average with some customers getting better and others lower hence an average   enter your phone number and post results remember delete number but leave exchange and cab  this will show range of speed for your line   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

can you post stats from hub  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

have you checked for line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent apart from announcement and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
MattOfSurrey
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Hi imjolly,

Thank you for your prompt response. Please see picture for the data. Please note that for the first month we were getting 30+Mbs before the engineer rewired us. bbchecker.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Estimated range is 31/19mb according to dslchecker

can you post hub stats. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

are you using test socket with a filter to see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MattOfSurrey
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Hello again,

Please find the log below

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Nothing showing. It is not the log but the information with connection stats

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Hi @MattOfSurrey ,

Please can you post back with the connection stats?

If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
MattOfSurrey
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Hello PaddyB,

I can get to the Technical log. It says there are 153 pages. I can save them as a ".csv" file but I cannot attach a file. It does allow a filter to certain events that dramatically reduce the size of information.

Please suggest how to proceed.

Kind regards

Matt

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

It's not the actual log it is the technical log information page. Shows connection stats noise margin etc

0 Ratings
MattOfSurrey
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Hi PaddyB,

Thanks to ijolly here is the information below.

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ82653921

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

21-Sep-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 3 Hours 35 Minutes 11 Seconds