cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT Infinity package speed going down

Your connection time is only 3hrs was that manual reset or router dropping connection?

the change in package has caused a reset which in turn caused the loss of G.INP   You now need a stable connection for at least 10 days and DLM should activate G.INP which should give a boost to your connection speed and reduce noise margin down to about 3db

just need stable connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MattOfSurrey
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Nope, we have done absolutely nothing, but please note, coming back from shopping earlier, we noted an engineer up the telegraph pole about this time! I'm sure BT records whould have this information.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

The engineer works for openreach not BT Retail and could be working on a job for any ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MattOfSurrey
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Thank you for the update, but coincidental one would say!

0 Ratings
MattOfSurrey
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Dear ImJolly,

From the information I've gathered, you're clearly a "man in the know". Can you provide "any" information about my conversation with an engineer where he stated that our wiring was weird and we had two wires that went into one? Because ever since then our speed dropped by a third. I would like it to be put back as it was. If you can help at all with this it would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards
Matt

0 Ratings