Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GT3000
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity painfully slow in evenings

Hi,

I have had BT Infinity for a while now, however having just moved into a new house 10 minutes down the road, my internet is PAINFULLY slow in the evenings?  I get speeds up to 30Mbps (which still isnt amazing compared to my old place) but in the evenings, its running at snail pace (2-5Mbps).  Can anyone think of anything obvious?  Incase BT read this, I have checked my exchange and I am on  Exchange: RUISLIP is served by Cabinet 7.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity painfully slow in evenings

Post the stats from your hub. 

Run btspeedtester diagnostic test when you feel download speed ok and then again when poor and post results. After poor test don't run any further tests

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GT3000
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

5D0476FE-1F49-4299-ACC9-F4907A5FDD7C.png

Hi, I have now ran two tests, one which was in the day time of a weekday, and one just now on a Saturday, and you can see that the Saturday speed is terrible. Please see the attached speed results as you said. The Saturday speed is 8.24! When I should be getting closer to 40/50.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

can you post hub stats  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information   if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

can you run and post speeds when download poor - must be done with ethernet connection not wireless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 5

Hi @GT3000 

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to see you're having trouble with your speed.

I checked this and your exchange doesn't have any known congestion issues at present, so it is strange that you're seeing such a severe drop in speed in the evenings.

The info @imjolly asked for there will give us a better picture of what is happening. Also, can I just double-check, are all devices affected at the same time (including wired devices)? 

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings